Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Loughrigg Terrace sanitised – where next?
  • failedengineer

Came down Loughrigg Terrace yesterday. To our horror, three quarters of it has been smoothed out and gravelled. They’ll be at the top soon. Where next? Why on earth do Cumbria County Council waste my council tax on this stuff?
    One walker, seeing I was a bit unhappy, said, “What’s the matter, it’s easier to ride now”. Fair point from a non-rider, I suppose!

sc-xc

There’s always tons of walkers, kids, old people up there…so fair enough.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Our ride yesterday – Ambleside – troutbeck – garburn – yoke – Ill bell – thornthwaite – nan bield – three rivers – Jenkins crag – water edge inn.

27 miles of loveliness.

ton

most trail work done in the lakes is on very busy well used footpaths and bridleways. mostly near to where the lazy folk can access easily from their cars.
    try to find somewhere a bit more remote to ride, it makes sense.

postierich
    Free Member

what sc-xc says plenty more trails about, you will have to work a bit harder for your thrills opening up trails for the more recreational rider is all good they have plans to link grasmere !

failedengineer

Hey, we have used it to finish a good ride, that’s all. It used to be a nice fast blast. I’m fully aware of most of the good trails in the Lakes, believe me, and am perfectly willing to, “work hard for my thrills”. Cheeky sod.

eddie11
    Free Member

I thought they were leaving the top bit alone?

The bit from the the lower cave to the the lake got terribly washed out this spring due to blocked drains.. I met a ranger moaning about the damage and did my bit for our bit of the trail users spectrum telling him please don’t fix it it’s bloody brilliant. As of June they hadn’t but it’ll happen I’m sure 😐

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Loughrigg Terrace sanitised – where next?’ is closed to new replies.