Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • lotus exige – nutters car or sensible investment?
  • fantom
    Free Member

Need a new motor…anyone lived with an exige? any good as an every day driver or are they too uncomfortable/expensive to drive everyday?

BoardinBob

S1 Exige or the Toyota engined version

BoardinBob

The S1 is a race car for the road and not the easiest thing to live with on a day to day basis.

The ‘yota version is more suited to daily use.

neilb67
    Free Member

Used to work at a Lotus independant and climbing in and out of them and driving them everyday for 2 years, theres no way I would have one as an everyday car. Too uncomfortable and too impracticable…

MTT
    Free Member

uncomfortable, expensive, loud, hot, poor visibility, mega running costs

Buy one, buy one now. Motoring Nirvana, go for the supercharged one though.

loddrik
    Free Member

If it is a sensible investment you want, buy a small diesel, not a sports car

leeph
    Free Member

No car should be seen as an investment – unless you need it sell the idea of a Exige to the wife!

Had an Elise and a Caterham but thought they were only good as a Sunday blat car – would not like to have either without a “proper car”.

What about Porka? Seen a few cheap CS4’s going for £25k recently.

MTT
    Free Member

wash your mouth out.

spacecadett
    Free Member

They are probably a lot better now but the saying goes – L.O.T.U.S – Lots of trouble, usually serious!

will
    Free Member

Just to tempt you…

Get one, get one now!

nixie

Pleanty of peeps on http://www.seloc.org that live with them every day. I’ve just got myself an elise and am loving it. Not practical if you need to carry much though!

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

i had an elise (S 06reg with the 1.8 toyota corrolla engine) for 3 weeks through Feb.

i was doing around 100 miles a day in it, did about 2000 in that time, including during the snows (once it was pushed out of the street)

I would say, if your prepared then it is a fantastic car and i enjoyed the drive to and from work each day (even tho that is all trundling motorway) plus several long blats at the weekend (well, you’ve got to havent you)
    They are VERY noisy, especially above 65ish. I’m meaning having to shout at your passenger, tho over the first week you got used to it. The pops and bangs from the exhaust on the overrun are addictive, even when your just trundling along on the motorway.

getting in an out requires a knack especially like the Exige theres a roof on.
    The missus cant wear a short skirt unless she doesnt mind showing the world her smalls 😉

it takes some getting used to how low you are (and that very few people will notice you and just pull out infront of you. or will try to hassle you for a race) and how wide the car is – theres a good foot of car to the side of the passenger compartment.

Tyres i noticed were about £350-500 a set of 4

Having given the car back – i miss it alot! sure it was noisy, and cramped inside – the seats were comfortable, the suspension was firm but not jaring, didnt drink petrol too excessively and it made you turn back to look at it as you went into the office.

get one. get one now.

z1ppy

M8 collected an orange one on saturday, he’s a nutter (mind you a very lucky nutter), & I expect it will have a car/hedge interface soon.

Had it one day and was talking to his m8 on the phone (another owner but his is supercharged -> looking to buy an intercooler) about getting a supercharger.
    Seriously nice guy, but completely bonkers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘lotus exige – nutters car or sensible investment?’ is closed to new replies.