Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lotts Wood in the wet?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Looks like it might be scary buscuits.
    Flint+roots+chalk+rain= whack whack oops.

tinsy
    Free Member

The concentration needed for it will be as draining as the flippin hills.. Glad I am going to Beastway instead!!!

soobalias
    Free Member

its not that rooty, and the chalk/flints are no different as the chalk tends to be broken rather than ice smooth

not quite as quick as in the dry, but yeah watch for the odd slide on the corners

edit: get yourself up to aston for a lap tonight, that will set you up properly

Sam

One of the races last year was wet iirc, made things rather interesting. Planning on being out there unless it is pissing down.

oldgit
    Free Member

Not rooty!
    what are all those woody bits sticking out of the ground under the trees then?

oldgit
    Free Member

It's going to be dry all day then hoon down at the start. 🙁

br
    Free Member

its not that rooty, and the chalk/flints are no different as the chalk tends to be broken rather than ice smooth

not quite as quick as in the dry, but yeah watch for the odd slide on the corners

Yeah, right… just going to put a Mud X on the front, and drop the psi on both.

I reckon if it rains as threatens, lights are also a sensible precaution.

soobalias
    Free Member

personally i dont struggle with the roots there, perhaps i dont go fast enough.

now that there is full tree cover, if a big set of dark clouds rolls in, as it did yesterday lunchtime, you could use lights a lot earlier than expected.

have fun all.

oldgit
    Free Member

I've only got Racing Ralphs at the mo.

oldgit
    Free Member

Told ya.
    I am just so rubbish in the wet, ace in proper mud but not slippery hardpack. 😐

oldgit
    Free Member

More than 10% of the field punctured by running low pressures to get that all essential grip, I was one of them. And don't say tubeless as they were amongst the 10% that suffered.

tinsy
    Free Member

Biblical rain before the start?

oldgit
    Free Member

No just a nice damp coating on otherwise hardpack, like Diesel on tarmac 🙁
    Edit. It's perfectly ok to ride over, but hard at race pace.

soobalias
    Free Member

i know a story about a hare and a tortoise.

i did wonder which of the very localised showers would get you, woods were greasy as hell at 1700 when i was running.

hope you had fun anyway – im out for a social ride tonight, losing control of the back end is whats its all about.

br
    Free Member

Low pressure Nobby Nic up front helped, along with a 'sliding' Larsen on the back. Luckily the rain held off, and it was lighter than I imagined.

I nearly stopped after just one lap, I was just not having fun – but seeing the 'oldgit' stood there, having given-up, meant that I just had to continue – and once I'd done the 2nd, the 3rd just had to be completed.

oldgit
    Free Member

It was interesting to watch 😥
    Lap times were right down. I think I'll buy one of those get you home air/sealant cans for the next one and plod round if I puncture again. Hats off to those that raced it, I was cream crackered just trying to keep upright.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lotts Wood in the wet?’ is closed to new replies.