Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lost on Norland Moor last night…….
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Lost my sunglasses on norland moor last night….red frame with detachable smoked lenses…one arm missing (still have the other!)
    Anybody see them?…

mos

I’ll have a look tonight. Whereabouts?

TheDoog
    Free Member

I’m off up in a minute, i’ll keep em peeled, any specific area?? Doubt anyone will have taken them given that they’ve only one arm.

BFITH
    Free Member

I went across from the playground end towards barkisland, on the main path that runs on the top of the escarpment, past the old fenced off area and Ladstone (big jutty out rock),

cheers guys

TheDoog
    Free Member

Didn’t see anything on my travels up there, kept my eyes peeled too! And i went round a few times! and i was going slow too cos my ATA is screwed and i’ve only got 40mm fork travel and thats hell on a patriot!!!

BFITH
    Free Member

No problem…thanks for looking.
    Good excuse for some new shades!

TheDoog
    Free Member

They may have been spirited away at ladstone rock, for legend has it that sacrifices used to take place there!!! I certainly sacrificed my forks in that general area!

snowslave

That’s no legend. We regularly do human sacrifices there. Keep da faith!

TheDoog
    Free Member

They used to hang folk in the woods where they do the model plane flying, gallows pole hill, theres a clue in the name i think. All in all its a pretty morbid place Norland moor and i lived half a mile away for 30 years………… Still a damn fine place to ride a bike, heres a question does anyone stay up there all day, like i sometimes do, or do most folk just pass thru?? Considering its size you can be there all day and not do the same path twice.

BFITH
    Free Member

Never spent a whole day there…I like a change of scenery.
    Usually use the 2 main tracks…the one along the top and the one that goes from Carters farm to the pylon by the stream, down to donkey bridge.

woody2000

You couldn’t spend a whole day there, could you. You might never do the same path twice but it’d be boring as **** surely? Personally I use it as a route through rising bottom to top, or at the most a loop round. All day, you must be mad 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

All day on Norland Moor? WTF – you can ride every trail on there in 90 minutes tops (and thats including all the little dog runs etc).

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I often spend a good few hours up there…just messing about really, especially in the nice weather. I go round certain bits a few times. Apart from the main runs, it’s got lots of nice little nooks and crannies, so yeah a few hours, no probs.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lost on Norland Moor last night…….’ is closed to new replies.