Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Lost My Mojo………………..
  • jwt
    Free Member

Not ridden for about 3 weeks due to various circumstances, but don't feel a raging need to get out and ride like I did earlier in the year, is it just the fact I've recently spent longer cleaning bike and kit afterwards than the time spent out riding it?
    Is it me? anyone else not quite as 'mad for it' at the minute?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's the weather I'm sure of it.

nuke

If you can't find your cycling mojo now when it's 'summer', you really are going to be **** when the Autumn/Winter months arrive and the constant cold damp dark wet kicks in. Get over to the classifieds and get flogging 😉

forge197
    Free Member

Get out of some new trails, ride with some different people often works.

the-muffin-man

I've not ridden since May – the urge to ride will return but at the minute I'm happy doing other things.

To contradict Nuke, I find I ride more in winter as there are less family/home/diy things to get in the way!!

jonb
    Free Member

road bike

Smee
    Free Member

Go do something else. Take a break from the biking for a bit.

knottie8
    Free Member

after three weeks of not riding I'd be climbing the walls ! I have spates of not being keen but then I get out with some fine pals and all is restored. Im lucky having the Qs ,Exmoor and Dartmoor so close too.

jwt
    Free Member

I live in the Lakes, so not exactly lacking in a choice of quality trails………………this is my first break for about 2 years, rode ride through the last winter/summer/winter, maybe its just what I need, does feel strange though!

rOcKeTdOg

sunset tomorrow is 20:01 🙁

simonralli2
    Free Member

JWT – go easy on yourself, if you dont want to ride dont ride. Maybe find another form of exercise or sport to do.

But why not join Forge, Trekster and myself on either 26th/27th up at the the Stanes (see my other thread). We are some of the UK's most chilled XC riders, (well Forge and Trekster are the most patient when riding with me : ) and the weekend is more about being socialble rather than heroic. Not too sure if others are coming, but you'd be more than welcome and Kirroughtree is just fabulous for getting your mojo back 😀

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

u should enjohy it while you can…my bike was nicked and i have nothing to do know….i recomend not cleaning it afterwards…then u wont get worried about it getting muddy

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

same here, got nicked last tuesday (2002 kona king kikapu £200 reward-cambs area-st neots) haven't ridden with any enthusiasm for about a year now but getting a new bike has re-sparked my interest. even started looking through old singletrack mags!…my interest had peaked, them dropped due to going away with work so much, guilt,family etc. by the sound of it the Big Bike Bash sounded an ideal 'plunge pool' of getting back into all aspects of cycling. i would like to go next year.

jedi

i love riding, balls to bones.

i cant imagine not doing it

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My interest has dropped off somewhat.
    Losing my job, a severe bout of depression and the weather has all contributed to becoming disinterested with pretty much everything.
    I've just taken out my mate on his inaugaural mtb ride and i'm about to start with a new pub-based group so maybe i'll get my urge back.

dasnut
    Free Member

swings
    roundabouts
    kerbs
    doubles
    tables

it all comes back eventually

Harry_the_Spider

I had 6 weeks off this summer. The mojo had failed to the extent that I couldn't lean it over in the corners so i was going in straight lines then almost stopping at the bends. I just did a bit of road stuff instead.

Very odd.

stevestunts
    Free Member

I've felt a bit like that over the past few months, perhaps because I've not had any events to 'train' for, unlike the previous few years. Having said that, I was super-keen for the first few months of the year.

The weather hasn't helped (I'm in the Lakes too), but I seem to be in a general malaise this year, working too much and just wanting to get completely smashed at the weekends for a bit of escapism. Stupid really, as I go back to work far happier after a weekend of riding than a weekend of boozing.

zaskar
    Free Member

Had a go today recovering from injury and it was slow as hell but Brilliant!

Have a day off and get back to it!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Still commute everyday and do light, local offroad 3-4 times a week but since breaking my hand and rupturing various ligaments in said hand,18 months ago,I've lost confidence and ride in a really nervy way, particularly offroad. 8 weeks off the bike with post viral symptoms at the begining of this year didn't help either. 😥

DarrenH

I'm with buzz-lightyear on this one,
    When the weather is cr*p it does nothing to help.
    Wait for the next nice, sunny morning and blast your favorite trail,
    You'll get your mojo back.

racefaceec90

i suffer with depression,spend weeks not riding my bike/playing guitar.it really sucks.but am saving towards another guitar/bike (have yet to decide) so something to look forward too.it means though though that i wont be online for around 1-2 years,as i am unemployed,cannot afford to go online and save up as well.sorry for droning on haha!!! 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

I'm also out of mojo 🙁

Been off the bike for about 6 weeks. Went out to ride it last night, found it had a puncture, loose pedal and something wrong with the headset.

Sorted it all out, rode for about 20 mins and got splattered with dog plops. All over my camelback mouth piece, gloves and the visor on my helmet. iisss niiiice!

Thinking of dumping the full sus frame and getting a hardtail for a change.

DWH
    Free Member

Crikey! I'm sorry I stumbled across this rather depressing thread. But anyway, since it's not actually raining at the moment I think I'll just nip out for a quick lunchtime ride on the road bike. I hope you lot have cheered up a bit by the time I get back.

snowpaul
    Free Member

Me too – mentally I want to ride / body wont let me!

Turns out I am suffering post viral fatigue / Chronic fatigue and docs are saying take a break ( already 3 mths NO riding ) or it could lead to ME. Thats scary. Thought it was maybe Lyme disease – test says negative BUT WTF has ruined me???

Paul

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

new/different bike

Road
    BMX
    4X

Tried them all and come back to mountainbiking faster and with more fun. Either because on the road bike I get fitter and lose the fear after not crashing for months. The BMX makes even a twitchy MTB feel super stable and teaches you to pump. The 4X bike is simply a money pit and gives me the fear like nothing else (i can back and bought an XC bike!)

jwt
    Free Member

got out today with a mate who I haven't ridden with for quite some time, trails were all wet and slimy,sheets of drizel washing in,didn't do more than about 7 miles probably in total, but really enjoyed it, just slowly bimbled along and had the craic, then ragged all the descents.

😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

VERY wet ride Sunday before last:

wet ride last Sunday:

wet ride on Wednesday:

wet ride today:

still gagging for it :o)

I had it last winter. I seemed to be losing fitness, was putting on weight, had no urge to get out, was really struggling when I did go out and generally couldn't be arsed.

I decided to build up a new (lighter than my '06 Enduro) bike. This got the interest back, then when it was built, I rode the hell out of it. It took a few weeks to get back into my rythym, but I really started enjoying it again. I've got fitter, lost 21 lbs and am totally obsessed once again.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Buy a single speed. I did and have found it great fun. standing up to pedal is a bit different on the nasty hills. Fully rigid SS bikes makes sense to me for the odd winter ride. Chuck the bike in the out house and forget about cleaning it, well maybe once a month!

Come next april I will get the more expensive geared bike out knowing it wont need a tons worth of worn bits sticking on it!

stratobiker
    Free Member

It's great that some of you have a choice on whether to ride or not.
    But spare a thought for us poor compulsives who cannot not ride eh?

Hope you find your Mojo soon.

SB

sockpuppet

stick the lights on and go out night riding

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I find I ride more in winter as there are less family/home/diy things to get in the way!!

Me also.

santac
    Free Member

Just been diagnosed with arthritis of the spine can only ride for about an hour every other day.As long as I can swing a leg over to get on my bike I will.GET OUT THERE AND FIND YOUR MOJO !!!(theres people a lot worse out there who can't even ride)

cannondaleking
    Free Member

to snowpaul be careful with viruses i got glandular fever when i was 15 im now 26 but every year it comes back (lasts for up to 20 years) when i was still in the navy aged 21 it hit me so hard i couldn't get out of bed or do anything i had to stop riding and i was at my peak all my glands where swollen it led to me going from 13 1/2 stone of solid muscle to just under 10 and very weak and this is the no.1 virus for couseing M.e. even now if i push it to hard i suffer for a good couple days

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Lost My Mojo………………..’ is closed to new replies.