Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lossless music and uPNP
  • NZCol

Have been doing some pondering and trying to work out the best way to approach my streaming setup.

I have a NAIM Uniti and also a UnitiQute in diff rooms obviously. My house has Cat 5e through it so there is a network as well as wireless. Currently i have just been streaming using Allegro Media Server from my iMac and it just uses the iTunes library.

I did some tests using lossless FLAC and WAV and jeeesus its quite different to even the HQ in iTunes. I mean, audibly different, better bytes probably 🙄

So what i want to do is have a lossless library, i figure storage is cheap. I can use Asset as the uPNP player but the ripper doesn;t work under Crossover on the Mac, well it does but it can;t see the CD and never will apparently.

So that would mean i either have to build a windows based media server with USB attached storage , i could buy a UnitiServe (I get Naim at cost but even so …), rip everything to a USB drive(s) using a windows machine then run Asset under Crossover or ?????

Anyone doing anything similar ?

I know, what a terrible complicated life i lead if this is my only concern 😆

RichPenny
    Free Member

Get a NAS drive. Have a look at the Naim forum for a list of those we’ve used. Netgear Readynas Duo here, with 2tb drive.

NZCol

I’ve got a Iomega Storcenter ix2 4TB actually which i can free up from march, i suppose I could just build up my old laptop with DBPowerAmp to write everything lossless onto that and bobs yer uncle ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lossless music and uPNP’ is closed to new replies.