Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Loss of self belief at work
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

If i am not there I dont think about work for a second. If I am there I dont think about it that much either tbh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

double post

solman
    Free Member

Question is why you do you feel like that?

One job I had I joined as a senior member of the team and then as we hired more mid level and junior people one of them would question everything I do. That person then questioned whether I should even be at the position I was. This then spread across the team, the more confidence I lost the more I questioned myself and my ability.

I remember lying awake at night too, wondering if I deserved the position I was in. Even though my role was key to the team operating, for example I set up the systems that allowed them to do their jobs.

I just decided to get another job and start from fresh. I don't know if this your first job, but I talked to old colleagues and bosses and asked them if I was good at my job. They reminded me that I was. So I got another job and now I'm happier.

Sometimes its the people around you that make life difficult, and with poor management and lack of leadership you find that people have nasty habit of turning on each other. It could be that other people are causing this.

If it is do you want to fight or leave?

Cheeks
    Free Member

I totally second what breath easy said. Fit in body, fit in mind. I find the fitter i am the more confident i am to tackle stress at work.

Spud

I'm in the same boat at the moment. Recently promoted. Boss is a PIA, and the earlier post about bullying is apt for me. It's not the direct stuff, it's the silent treatment/ sudden rearranging of meetings to a colleague – which I see as a sort of punishment. It's not just me either, all the staff kop-it at some point. I'm ready for throwing in the towel as there are much more important things in life.

iDave
    Free Member

usually i only know i can do something when i've done it. i will tell clients i can do what they need to be done, then i find away to do it. if i can't do it or can't find a way to do it i find someone who can. otherwise i'd find work to be beyond dreary. to the OP i'd say it's when other people think you can't do your job that you should really lie awake and worry.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Loss of self belief at work’ is closed to new replies.