Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Lorry with deliberately hidden numberplate
  • aracer
    Free Member

Worth reporting to the police? Who do I report to?

I know where it will be for the next hour or so…

peterfile
    Free Member

Make it more interesting.

Phone the police, give the location and say you’ve seen some arab looking men filling it up with fertiliser and attaching some sort of electronic device to it.

rwamartin
    Free Member

Is it hidden or just a spare stored for attaching to a trailer unit when it’s picked up?

johndoh
    Free Member

Find something else to better fill spare thinking time in your head?

D0NK

Who do I report to?

Who indeed. Saw some sort of “4×4” the other day rear completely covered in grime, number plate totally unreadable, dunno if he’d been offroading at somepoint but it was midweek and he was pootling around manchester city centre so presumably should have cleaned the plate between finishing his manly (grrrr) adventures and joining the rest of the world on public roads.

Edit actually having thought about it the only way to properly report that guy would have been to clean the pate, get his reg and then report him for unreadable pla…oh wait 😕

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes report it and take a photo or two.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

was it ‘Deliberately’ hidden by dirt by any chance?
    if so, report my missus too while yer in Grassing mode 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Not dirt, no

bigyinn
    Free Member

So bent mudflaps are “deliberately hiding” the numberplate?

Looks like a tipper wagon, so perhaps when drawing forwards to empty his load with the body raised they got caught and were bent backwards?

Or perhaps you could dream up some sort of paranoid conspiracy instead?

aracer
    Free Member

Not the best pic, sorry, was trying to avoid the driver spotting me taking pics. The ends of the mud flaps are held up by chains. Maybe they got accidentally attached when he was tipping his last load.

peterfile
    Free Member

The ends of the mud flaps are held up by chains.

He’s probably just trying to stop them ripping off or something and just isn’t that fussed that they also happen to be covering his numberplate?

aracer
    Free Member

Anyway 101, or not worth the bother?

Stoner
    Free Member

Looks like a site tipper of sorts. He will have chained the mudguards up so that they cant get caught between the rear wheels and raised ground when reversing and potentially ripping them off. Driver has forgotten to drop them again after manoeuvres. Not done deliberately to conceal anything. Let it go.

tthew

Some tipper trucks have those chains pull up automatically when the bed raises, so they can pull forward a bit to pour out a big load.

It’s probably just stuck, I’m sure the driver would appreciate you pointing it out so he can deal with it before someone dobs him in to the 5-0.

nemesis
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

thank god I dont actually know what that song sounds like, so when I see that picture I dont end up with an ear worm to interrupt my enjoyment of Wish you Were Here right now 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Eh? Why would they need to automatically pull up the mudflaps?

Stoner’s explanation makes sense I think, though none of the other 7 tipper lorrys parked down the road (most from the same company) have such chains.

jota180
    Free Member

My car plate is currently unreadable due to road grime – it’s been a particularly filthy week on the roads.
    it’ll get cleaned this weekend, I won’t be bothering before

nemesis
    Free Member

Stoner – your post has already now got it stuck in my head for today. I will have revenge 👿

Though as it goes, I reckon I prefer Frozen to Pink Floyd so it could be worse 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Right, delete this thread – have just found another pic of the same lorry arriving with mudflaps down about half an hour earlier. He’s presumably just chained them up – thanks for putting me off. 😳

(ironically the only reason I was looking at the plates in the first place was to see how quickly the lorries were arriving and moving, and it turns out this is the lorry which was arriving earlier and I wanted to know where in the queue it was)

nemesis
    Free Member

But I sharpened my pitchfork specially! 🙁

johndoh
    Free Member

Here you go Stoner – crank it up…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU[/video]

andyl
    Free Member

Looks like a site tipper of sorts. He will have chained the mudguards up so that they cant get caught between the rear wheels and raised ground when reversing and potentially ripping them off. Driver has forgotten to drop them again after manoeuvres. Not done deliberately to conceal anything. Let it go.

+1 for stoners post.

D0NK

My car plate is currently unreadable due to road grime – it’s been a particularly filthy week on the roads.
    it’ll get cleaned this weekend, I won’t be bothering before

yeah **** it, not like it’s important is it?
    lights, indicators, reflectors, and number plates MUST be kept clean and clear
    Tho TBF it also suggests windscreens should be clean and clear aswell and hardly anybody bothers with shit like that on frosty mornings

transporter13
    Free Member

Aracer. Im a tipper driver.
    He will either have forgotten to undo his chains for road use or have lazily decided not to bother.
    The reason they have the chains is that some of the terrain we drive across can and often does rip our mudguards off…even more so when we’re tipping. Having to move as the load is ejected leaves fixed type guards very close to the ground.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im not stupid enough to clik on that johndoh.

Not in the middle of Have A Cigar 🙂

(guess who watched the Wish you were here documentary on iplayer last night …)

stevied
    Free Member

Here you go Stoner – crank it up…

Must……resist……

oldnpastit

Hey, that song is amazing, thanks for sharing that!

aracer
    Free Member

Well it’s not either, as if you see my update he arrived with the mudflaps down and chained them up after he got here. Not that there’s any need – I can see where they’re tipping from my window and it’s all pretty flat, I presume it’s just something he always does. I can actually prove he wasn’t deliberately breaking the law (well apart from for the 100m or so onto site from where he’s parked, but I think I’ll let him off that) 😳

Thanks for all the info though.

DezB
    Free Member

Right, delete this thread

Are you trying to deliberately hide something?

aracer
    Free Member

You aint seen me, right 8)

Squidlord
    Free Member

(ironically the only reason I was looking at the plates in the first place was to see how quickly the lorries were arriving and moving, and it turns out this is the lorry which was arriving earlier and I wanted to know where in the queue it was)

I suppose everyone needs a hobby…

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Lorry with deliberately hidden numberplate’ is closed to new replies.