Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lordswood conditions
  • wukfit
    Free Member

Am thinking of heading to Lordswood for a few hours today, just how wet and muddy is it?
    Are there any areas in particular to avoid?
    Anyone else riding there today?

chojin
    Free Member

Hahahahahahah

Aahhh

*ahem*

chojin
    Free Member

Ok ok, seriously though. It’ll mostly be a swamp.
    I’m sure there’ll be bits that will have held up but they’d take some finding.

DT78
    Free Member

It will be awful. I haven’t ridden there since November….but I have ridden most winters so know how it gets.

Sometimes though, after the floods it actually washes a lot of the mud away and you can have a half decent ride along tanners brook.

Personally I would stick to the road or go to a surfaced track like moores valley or swinley. Or even just ride fire roads in the new forest.

If you do go, be prepared for it to be axle deep in places at least it’s a soft landing when you fall off 🙂

mattbee

Muddy, wet, slippery roots, trees down over trails in places. Lordswood basically. It’s cool, was the driest I’ve ever known it last summer so karma balance & all that says it ought to be as it is. Don’t go expecting to fly along dusty fast trails and it will be fine. No worse than any of the other local options, anyway. It’s uk mountain biking at the end of the day, if a bit (well, a lot) of mud puts you off best go buy a turbo trainer & some sufferfest DVDs & wait out until June. 😉

wukfit
    Free Member

Was worried that’d be the case,
    May have to give it a miss for a few months 😥

richen987
    Free Member

It a muddy and I like to moan about it ,but was still a cracking ride up there on Thursday night, it’s only mud after all.
    MTFU its mountain bikeing not road riding.

richardwake1231
    Free Member

Anyone interested in doing the Gorrick 100 May Bank Holiday?

6079smithw
    Free Member

Gorrick 100? Yeah, I aim to do 2 laps without crashing. That will feel like a victory.

richardwake1231
    Free Member

I want to do 7 laps on a single speed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lordswood conditions’ is closed to new replies.