Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Looong shot – hotel between Munich and Zurich?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Looking for a luxury hotel/spa type place for one night between these two places. Any ideas anyone?

iDave
    Free Member

Try Kempinski

bigyinn
    Free Member

In Zunich or Murich?

alpin
    Free Member

quick google gives you this:

http://www.hotel-hubertus.de/index

it would mean leaving the A96 and taking the B12 south towards Kempten, then heading towards Oberstdorf. it’s a nice drive from there, over a pass and through the (big) hills, to Balderschwang. next morning a nice drive through Voralberg to Bregenz where you pick up the Autobahn in der Schweiz.

or, drop “spa hotel allgäu” into google. Allgäu (pronounced ‘al-goy’) is the area halfway between Minga and Zurich.

HTH

sssimon
    Free Member

stayed in kempinski at munich airport a few times in my last job (Audi have a training entre there) makes the travel lodges at most airports look pretty shoddy

lovely staff, nice pool, gym etc and the food was awesome

scaredypants

Alpin’s advice is excellent – as long as you really do go to

Balderschwang 😆

on the way, that is

molgrips
    Free Member

Ooooh.. good call Alpin.. I was convinced no-one’d reply to this so I googled myself and booked a nice one in Lindau. Your find was lovely tho, I should’ve been patient 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

lindau is nice…. i lived there for a year in the top floor of the building directly opposite the bridge. great view of both the Pfänder in Austria and Säntis in Switzerland.

which hotel you staying in?

look for a bar, Treibgut, down one of the alleys. it’s nice, cosy and not pricey like most establishments on the island.

molgrips
    Free Member

I won’t say incase Mrs Grips reads this and looks it up 🙂

Bar.. hahaha… I’ll dream of that when we’re trying to get our 2 year old to go to sleep.. cheers 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Plenty of nice places around Bodensee too, just more options for next time.

alpin
    Free Member

I’ll dream of that when we’re trying to get our 2 year old to go to sleep..

it’s your own fault. i’ve heard this is what happens if you have sex.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve made my bed, I’ll lie in it. Well after I’ve lain in a toddler’s bed for half an hour first

Worth it for this though 🙂

Sweet by molgrips, on Flickr

alpin
    Free Member

wahey!

what you doing next weekend?

molgrips
    Free Member

Next weekend – I’m going biking with you 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Hotel was lovely, Lindau was lovely too, and Swissland was very pleasant apart from the cruddy bits of Zurich we ended up driving through.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Looong shot – hotel between Munich and Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.