Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • *looks out of the window, sees its raining again, parks todays biking ambitions*
  • Kryton57

Sigh…. 🙁

robbo
    Free Member

And repeat 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mtfu?

Jamie
    Free Member

*sells bike and invests money in umbrella factory*

surfer
    Free Member

You can ride in the rain you know

tomhoward

Does not compute.

Jamie
    Free Member

If one only has a road bike, and a lot of roads are flooded near one. Then one will struggle to ride.

….If ones have MTB’s then they should stop bitching and GTFO 8)

jota180
    Free Member

A bit blowy up here in the NE but dry
    With the wind this strong from the West, I may attempt a Strava KOM on a 1 mile sprint segment I’ve held [on and off] this year 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The weather is actually a test to bring out the roadies and southern pansies so they can be moved on to another forum 😆

willard

Wife’s at work today, I’m on call but at home, it’s raining cats and dogs out… I feel the call of the duvet. Either that or I’m just going to go to the office.

This outside world business is pooh

Nobby

Rules 5 & 9 apply.

If I were not at w**k then I would be out riding.

Kryton57

Lol ^^. Yes yes of course you would….

Nobby

It’s arranged, 9.30 start meeting at the Button Street car park. If you fancy it, I’m sure the chaps wouldn’t mind you tagging along. 😛

Kryton57

I’m too busy reading Tyler’s book whilst eating toast. I’ll be out later though…

stevemtb
    Free Member

The forecast today looks awful, tomorrow looks a fair bit better. Was out yesterday and going to head out tomorrow so will do a quick rollers session later, now just need to work out what else to do that doesn’t involve more Xmas sweets!

weeksy

i’m supposed to be doing a 50km event on Sunday… i’m not feeling the love at the moment.

Can’t ride today as i’m not back from the in-laws till later today. Didn’t bring the bikes with me, but wish i had.

ourmaninthenorth

Just about to head out on the road bike. Man up you lot!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That guy who finished a few seconds ahead of you in that sportive! Yeah, that guy.

I bet he’s out today.

iBaa
    Free Member

It’s finally stopped raining here so I’m heading out for a ride, just need to find my winter boots…

theotherjonv

Get out there. Not like you weren’t going to need to shower and wash the bike afterwards anyway.

I was in your shoes yesterday, forced myself to go out and had a whale of a time

Just one thing – don’t skirt the puddles. You’re wet and muddy, a bit more won’t hurt, but it’ll f up the trails for months to come if not for good.

ThePinkster

Wish I could get out on the bike today.
    Not raining here at the moment but I’ve got to hold the fort at work 🙁

eugeo81
    Free Member

Im 1700 miles away from my bike so I have a good reason not to be out on mine, I wish I had it with me though.

bruneep

**** 4 week cough is holding me back. Maybe time to go to the doc’s 😥

binners

We were out in the lashing rain the other day. As northerners, and therefore being ‘ard as nails an’ that, we were remarking on how unusually mild it is for the time of year. And it was so ridiculously muddy, that the full-on-sideways slides provided much hilarity 😀

You won’t dissolve! Get out there you big pansy! 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another one for getting out there, I am.

raccoon
    Free Member

A few of us heading out in the Surrey hills shortly. It’s going to be a little moist!

sadmadalan

Just back from a weeks family holiday in Lanzarote wiich included three days of MTBing in dry, sunny conditions. Looking out of my window now seems so depressing, so I’ll put off going out until tomorrow!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Hardly done any biking in the last month due to illness, weather and me being soft 😳 I’m out mtb’ing in the lakes on Sunday so I need to mtfu and get out today on the road bike if it kills me ( which it probably will ).

grum
    Free Member

I don’t mind the rain that much but most of the trails are in a shocking state and a) aren’t that fun to ride and b) I don’t want to mess them up even more.

wrightyson
    Free Member

All our local trails are shagged!! One section up in the “woods no one talks about” is literally unrideable in all but a tank I’d reckon!
    Just no fun at all!

bikebouy
    Free Member

“Dons rain jacket”

davosaurusrex

South Downs are in the sort of state that stops the wheels turning and rips mechs off (as happened to my mate’s XO last week, ouch!)

Should be selling my 5 Spot frame later today, in no rush to order the 29er that will replace it TBH.

simmy
    Free Member

I nipped out down some old railways yesterday and its never been such hard work, the mud is like PVA Glue.

Was worn out by time I’d got home. Did 15 miles but felt like double that. Was good fun though…

Duggan

I’m just going running instead at the moment, at least I only have to clean myself afterwards

big_n_daft
    Free Member

been out on the SS again, OMM Kamleika pants and waterproof boots mean dry feet.

plenty of variety in the local trails so just stick to the harder ones and avoid cutting up the moor

I did hose me and the bike down afterwards but it will all be ready to go again tomorrow (in the rain) 😀

mattk
    Free Member

Bollox to it, I’ve put off riding all week cos of the weather.

Bike’s out the shed, and just having a pre-ride cuppa

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

swamped for 3 hrs yesterday, boots still drying out. Got over suicide of the turbo trainer this morning instead. Just lighting the fire to relax.

Kryton57

Hmmm. Mrs k has decided to have the Norovirus or similar, leaving the kids with just me to look after them while she dashes back and forth.

Ride plans dashed. :-/

Sue_W
    Free Member

Feel like I’ve WTFU and paid my ‘riding in the wind and rain’ dues already by doing the local Boxing Day TT.

Can’t really find any enthusiasm today for going out in the cold and wet AGAIN! So turbo training for me, and dog walking for my fresh air fix.

Plus February cycling trip to Southern Spain now booked – time to dream about a week of warm dry riding 🙂

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘*looks out of the window, sees its raining again, parks todays biking ambitions*’ is closed to new replies.