Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Looks like I've gone and joined the Cotic club!
  • terribleone1982
    Free Member

Picked up an almost new BFe frame earlier in the week and spent a couple of evenings meticulously cleaning every item I transferred from my old frame whilst waiting for a few new bits to turn up. The headset arrived just in time for the weekend and I’ve been on a few gentle rides to get used to the handling and make sure nothing falls off.

I’m very happy with it so far, although I think long term I’ll swap to a longer travel fork than the 120mm Reba. Also strangely seems to be coming in at only 25lbs using my dodgy analogue luggage scale!! 😆

Northwind

You should hire that scale out 😆 Looks brilliant that.

Mugboo

Lovely 🙂

amplebrew

That looks really great,love the colour scheme 8)

alpin
    Free Member

Seat angle?

MoreCashThanDash

I had an Easton seatpost on my Soul that tipped the saddle up like that!

mattbibbings
    Free Member

1x with no chain guide. I assume its a clutch mech but have you come up with some other unknown wizardry to keep the chain on?

penguinni

Joined the club on Friday when I took my Soul out for its maiden voyage. Nothing fell off and Im very happy with the build.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks fine in black

Bregante

Joined the club on Friday

The funny seat angle club?

terribleone1982
    Free Member

Cheers for the positive comments guys! 🙂

The seat does look a bit like it’s taking off…it’s a new post and I built it on a stand so didn’t pay much attention to the seat angle, although I don’t get on with them completely flat.

Chain stays in place with a Zee clutch mech and hopes & dreams at the minute. I’m getting a lot of derailment from the top, so I have a JumpStop on the way and need to find a nice subtle looking bash.

Nice Soul penguinni, those bars look like they’re off a beach cruiser 😉 I’m guessing you’re pretty tall?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ooooh black. I approve 🙂

funkmasterp

Joined the club, but not received the frame yet. Should get it this week hopefully, Bfe in green. Both those bikes look really nice.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The Cotic club is great. Enjoy it. I love the BFe I built up earlier this week. 1×10 with a clutch mech and top guide is the way forward. I did a long ride in the Peaks, including lots of the rockiest descents today and I didn’t drop the chain once. I’ve just taken another link out of the chain tonight too, so it should be even better now.

mrmoofo

25lbs is impressive
    I have a 1st gen battleship grey one, but I would guee it is 29 lbs ish.
    I also have a Soul – but prefere the ride of the Bfe ….

Scamper
    Free Member

The latest Bfe’s are only half a pound heavier than the classic Soul, so its possible to get quite a tough build at 25-26lbs without going mad.

terribleone1982
    Free Member

I really doubted the scales, but I weighed the gf’s Scott Scale and it came in just over 30lbs.

I weighed the frame before building it and it came in around 4.8lbs…

chiefgrooveguru

I’d be surprised if the current BFes are that light – the Cotic site quotes 4.4lbs for a medium Soul vs 5.4lbs for a small BFe. Looks great though, and I suspect your weight isn’t far off reality – my Soul has a heftier build and weighs about 27lbs now.

Scamper
    Free Member

Is that old stock weights though, as my classic soul was 4.4 lbs and My small Bfe is a smidge over 5lb with headset cups and top bearing gubbins.

Northwind

TBF I think my Soda might just about make 25lbs with that spec, but I’d be surprised! Doesn’t matter really, BFe’s job isn’t to be light, just needs to be light enough.

(the main difference is that if I rode the Soda like you could ride that BFe, it’d probably break. Again!)

rotten
    Free Member

Newly joined Cotic member here too, first ride on a new green bfe was Friday. I like it.

terribleone1982
    Free Member

The guy I bought it off had weighed the frame too and said it was 4.7lbs… I doubted his scales so I checked and mine said 4.8ish??

So I’m quite convinced that they are a little lighter than advertised.

I think the Rebas help the overall weight a lot, I thought the box was empty when they arrived!! 😆

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Looks like I've gone and joined the Cotic club!’ is closed to new replies.