Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looks at cheap headcams- any recommendations out there?
  • hopefiendboy

After a headcam, for use on the MTB and maybe the motorbike, but dont really want to spend 100 pounds on something.

Any recommnedations out there for other products that might be of use? Cheers!!!

project
    Free Member

7dayshop.com

hopefiendboy

err, thats a shop? More for specific products people might have experience of! Cheers

project
    Free Member

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=110355

Was filmed with one of these fantastic little thing comes with a handlebar mount and plug in car charger,

is a video filmed on a veho type camera , also a copy is available from 7dayshop.com

Mackem

I’ve just got a Veho HD7 – havent had a chance to play with it so far. Bu t it feels good, and has a few mounts. The reviews are good and you can get one for about 85 quid.

rockhopper70

veho muvi pro..ebay around £35. Budget for the waterproof case too. I fashioned together a helmet mount from some 5mm persepx and industrial velcro for around £3.

other films under the forum name as well as examples.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I got a really cheap £35 one to start it was pretty crap tbh! After watching a few home made bike vids on Vimeo and asking what they were filmed on I bought a Tachyon XC camera. You can pick them up second hand for between £50 / £70. The picture quality is ok and they are waterproof to about 7 metres. There is no substitute for proper HD on something like a gopro though.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

hey rockhopper thats not bad picture quality for a £35 camera!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

This is filmed on the tachyon

rockhopper70

thanks NCB..the pro version ups the frame rate to 30fps over the standard 20fps.
    8gb class 6 card too takes around 90mins of footage.
    the limiting aspect is battery life but I have a mini usb charger running off 2 AA lithium batteries that I just plugged it in to on the lifts to keep it topped up.
    I think battery normally last about 90 minutes but might deplete sooner over the course of a day with stop and starting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looks at cheap headcams- any recommendations out there?’ is closed to new replies.