Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Looking for some advice on full suspension bike purchase please
  • giant1mac
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a friend who’s son (15 yr old) is looking to purchase his first full sus bike and was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions?

He has about £1000 to play with which he has raised himself and I was looking for some ideas on what he could get for this kind of cash. He is interested in more enduro style biking and this is his reason for moving on from his hardtail. I know that if I was looking for a new bike for myself, I would be doubling this value but was wondering if there were any good quality full sus bikes in this price range for him to have a look at.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

G

Leku
    Free Member
    Leku
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Used will get you a lot more for your money at that price range. Check out the classifieds here and on pink bike

stumpy01

Yeah, used would get him more bang for his buck, but might incur hidden costs if he ends up buying something that has been abused – definitely need to view before purchasing in my opinion.

Second hand Orange Five perhaps, as they are simple in terms of linkages/bearings (i.e. there are no linkages & only one pivot, I think).

Specialized Pitch if looking at the more gnarrrr side of downhill schralping type stuff?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

What hardtail does he have? maybe a frame and fork could be a good option?

giant1mac
    Free Member

Thanks guys for all the comments, really appreciate it. This will give him some good ideas. Going second hand was my original thoughts for getting a bit more for his money but will go away and have a look at the suggestions above.

Thanks again

G

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Looking for some advice on full suspension bike purchase please’ is closed to new replies.