Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Looking For Ride: Anyone riding Swinley: Sunday 20th Feb
  • darkmattah
    Free Member

I’ve just moved to Reading am heading out on Sunday to Swinley (my first time) and am looking to join other people already going there. I’m a reasonble standard and reasonably fit and have a decent bike (2011 Cube Sting HPC Race) so not looking for a noob ride but something a little more challenging…

darkmattah
    Free Member

Really no-one going out riding this weekend?

cinnamon_girl

Some of the trails are a real mess. There are some closures/restrictions, see The Stickler thread for more details.

Rain is due tomorrow, I was there briefly today and it was hard going.

Why not join the Sexy Swinley Party on 20th March – there will be different ability groups including a fast, and it will definitely be fast.

Edit: sometimes there are last minute rides going out so always worth keeping your eyes peeled on here.

darkmattah
    Free Member

Well I’m going out riding, (avoiding the closed parts) – at least some of it is rideable so if anyone is interested I’ll be in the car park at 9.30am on Sunday – I rode the New Forest last weekend in the pouring rain and it was a blast and the forecast isn’t half as bad this weekend.

Hard…bunga bunga styleee 😉 It’s all good exercise and when it dries up it’ll seem all the easier for it. Alternatively just stay at home in the dry on a sunday with a big fry up for breakfast 😉

I’ll be at the car park 9.30am…on my own if all else fails!!

cinnamon_girl

Have a good time and shall look forward to your ride report! Pack spare brake pads just in case.

Don’t forget to buy a permit, Visitor Centre doesn’t open until 10.00 am but you can get one online http://www.gorrick.com and look for the link.

shotsaway
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl
    Pack spare brake pads just in case.

Plus 1

I fitted new Superstar pads (front and rear) only 250 miles ago (5 weeks). I went to Swinley this morning and unfortunately by the time I got back to the car they were toast. Swinley finished them off in no time.

cinnamon_girl

How were the conditions?

shotsaway
    Free Member

It was a bit of a mudfest. Mind it had rained overnight and there was continuous rain or drizzle most of the morning. There is lots of new sand from the recent maintenence, especially Tank Traps, Seagull Run and Watson’s Wander and these runs were busy. The 1st part of the Whole Nine yards was very muddy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Looking For Ride: Anyone riding Swinley: Sunday 20th Feb’ is closed to new replies.