Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Looking for first pair of road shoes
  • scotabroad

Looking for first set of road shoes for general road riding. I have average to wide feet, have found Shimano and pearl Izumi fit well in mountain bike shoes

Any recommendations up to £150 say.

xcmuttley
    Free Member

Ive used shimano, Lake and diadora shoes, found them fairly comfortable but due to some smaller problems (Shimanos flexy, lakes had barely using boa system) I decided to find some others.
    Bought some Bont riot shoes (paid around £80) never looked back, mouldable, comfortable, stiff well worth the money and hard to be beaten for the price.
    Ive tried on a lot of shoes, I think for road cycling I would only ever consider Bont now!
    Highly recommend!

lunge

I like Specialized myself. £150 will get you the Pro model or perhaps even an S-Works in the sale.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have average to wide feet, have found Shimano and pearl Izumi fit well in mountain bike shoes

Spend around £150 on a pair from them, then. They’re both excellent.

(I use Spesh myself)

SaxonRider

£150? 😯

I’m slightly envious.

jonba
    Free Member

Shimano have been good for me in the past. Get the ones that fit your budget – think I had the R170s. Picked up some cheap Giro shoes in the sale to use next year as my Shimano ones were dying. Seem comfortable enough when used on the turbo setting up cleats.

kilo

Gaerne have always been good for me

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member
    £150?

I’m slightly envious.

Quite. You could buy a nice watch/scarf/stereo cable for that….

🙂

Mackem

My DHBs at less than half that price have been very good.

chakaping
    Free Member

These are the ones I’d get, I have the previous version and they’ve lasted a lot better than the DHB carbon shoes I had previously – and slightly more comfy as well.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-r171-road-spd-shoes-wide-fit-2016/rp-prod127716

whitestone
    Free Member

Get ones that fit your feet. Make, model, etc are irrelevant if they don’t fit.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yes; if in doubt, Shimano R170/R171

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Love my Bontrager RLs.

Under your budget too…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Looking for first pair of road shoes’ is closed to new replies.