Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looking for a short term flat rental in Edinburgh?
  • dickydownes
    Free Member

Looks like I might be coming up to work in Edinburgh for about 4 months from end of June.

Looking for a short-term flat or house let. Preferably not sharing.

Any thoughts out there?

NewRetroTom

My OH lets out her flat through factotum who seem to be pretty sound for short term lets.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Mine is empty from early June and advertised on Fine Holmes, it is a three bedroom (rented as a two) so may be a bit more than you’re looking at…

It’s in Gorgie, drop me a message if you want more info.

tomd
    Free Member

Check Air BnB, there are quite a few 1 bed flats on there. You might struggle over the festival period though. I used this when I moved to Edinburgh and stayed in some decent flats, also a good way to try out different bits of the city.

dickydownes
    Free Member

Thanks Steve for the info.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Not sure which area I’m going to be working in yet but any advice is gratefully received.

geoffj

Anyone else got any thoughts?

I had a very bad experience with factotum and would never have anything to do with them ever again, even if they were the last letting agents in Edinburgh.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Grant Property are also awful as letting agents – avoid them.

You’ve got the festival to contend with – everyone wants to let their flat out for August as you make 4x the normal rate.

You might be able to get a student flat where they’ve all gone home for the summer.

Students and festival are more related to the city centre, so try looking on the outskirts.

I’d check out some facebook groups (‘meadows flats to rent’ is one I think), gumtree, airbnb too

dickydownes
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

AirBnb seems ridiculously expensive.

Student accommodation will only get me up until end of August (really need until end of October).

Looks like i’ll be flitting from centre of Edinburgh to about 30 mins. South West of the city with work so will take any advice on where to start looking?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Depends what “30mins south west” is (West Linton? Or on the A71?) and how close you want to be to the centre.

Being southish/westish of the centre will make sense of course – Newington, Bruntsfield, Morningside, Oxgangs and lots of others

tiggs121
    Free Member

Have a look at Penicuik. Not far and on the bus routes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a short term flat rental in Edinburgh?’ is closed to new replies.