Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Looking for a new Hydration Pack/Backpack – Recommendations Please
  • stew1982
    Free Member

Looking for a new one – something that'll hold everything, hard wearing/good quality and hopefully be compact when not carrying too much!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Bump
    Also looking for a new one something with 3l bladder and good for all day riding

Tracey

Kevins Deuter comfort 28 gave up on him last week after 10 years of good sevice, just replaced it with the Deuter Futura 28 which has all the good points of the old one but is lighter

Tracey

Mounty_73

Camelbak Mule?

Jamie
    Free Member

Dakine Nomad or Apex depending on how much stuff you want to carry.

anthonyb
    Free Member

I always went with camelbak mules, but I'm very impressed with my new osprey raptor 12. Light, good space and lots of compression straps to shrink it when not full. Great reservoir as well.

vinnyeh

Don't forget to look at the Wingnut stuff as well.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Camelbak Octane here!!

tf
    Free Member

plus 1 for Deuter here.

I would personally recommend the Speed Light 20 bag. It's taking regular abuse for couple of years now without fail, sits really well on the back, the 20l is great for the longer wanders into the hills, and the compression straps (which, unlike on many other bags I have tried, work well), make it a good bag on the shorter runs as well (or make it possible to stick some body armour on the outside, when needed). It does not come with a bladder, but is designed to take a Source bladder (up to 3l), and the bag and bladder together will still be lot cheaper than a typical 'bike specific' bag from other brands.

Tracey

After messing with Kevins new one Ive just ordered the Deuter Futra 22 SL for ladies
    Should do me for the trip to Joyriders

Tracey

ebygomm
    Free Member

Camelbak Octane 8

drofluf
    Free Member

Don't go for the Lezyne loaded pack! I've returned 2 after a week each because the zips have failed

prettygreenparrot

Camelbak HAWG? Mine seems to hold all I need on a long day's ride. Although that is usually more than I'd like to carry.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Osprey. That is all.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

I got given an Osprey to try, the bladder is awesome, but the bag itself, im not keen, nowhere near as comfortable as my Camelback Mule, so i think im going to stick the bladder in the Mule and ditch the osprey bag….

AlasdairMc

drofluf – Member
    Don't go for the Lezyne loaded pack! I've returned 2 after a week each because the zips have failed

And I've broken the crappy clip at the top too. The problem with the bag is that it puts all its weight through the zip. However, it's just the right size for use as a laptop bag for me when I'm not riding, so it's not a complete waste of money.

EDIT: TNF Megamouth is a great pack, I've got one and think it's be great. It's a bit heavy, but is very well made.

pdw
    Free Member

Another vote for Deuter here. I've got a hydra exp 12 which is big enough for hydration pack, essential spares and a jacket/jumper, and a 40L one which I've used daily for 4 years or so to carry a laptop and a change of clothes.

Both really well thought out.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I have had an osprey mantra 20 for two months now and I have to say I'm impressed with it.

clareymorris

I have an Osprey Raptor 18 for sale – Grey, used once in the dry absolutely immaculate……if you are interested?

mcinnes
    Free Member

Osprey Raptor is superb IMO. Comfortable, expandable, great bladder, pockets galore.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I have a Osprey, and it's way more comfy than my camelback Hawg, and the bladder is much better!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a new Hydration Pack/Backpack – Recommendations Please’ is closed to new replies.