Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Looking for a new commuter bike.
  • sc-xc

I’m looking for a bike to commute on. the last few years I have been doing it on a fixed gear, but now I have to work across different offices during the day, it’s impractical and sweaty to keep chucking my laptop etc on my back. The fixed gear has no room for mudguards, no rack mounts etc.

Looking for a cheap, reliable road/tourer – any deals been spotted out there? Also any recommendations on panniers?

nedrapier

If there’s nothing else wrong with your bike, and your laptops 13-14″, one of these might be the answer. Bag clips onto the seatpost bracket in 2 seconds.

Mowgli
    Free Member

On one are doing the alfine disc pompetamine for £599 at the mo. Looks perfect, and a good price.Here

sc-xc

Great idea about the bag – if I could get mudguards to fit the bike I would do that.

The on-one looks perfect – but they are currently unavailable. Shame, I had the credit card ready!

EDIT – must be my crazy computer….showing stock now!

Best get shopping!

1981miked
    Free Member

that on one is really rather fetching..

sc-xc

Ordered. Thanks for the heads up Mowgli

SaxonRider

In too late. Damn.

I have one of these and am extremely pleased. Indeed, so are all the people that randomly compliment the bike as I ride.

And it’s now cheaper than the On One.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Nice one sc-xc. Just sad that I couldn’t squeeze another bike into the shed – I’ve been hankering after one for a while!

takisawa2

That On-One is a bargain…!!!

thebunk

Aww,didn’t need to see that pompetine. Would it be weird to put drop bars on it?

sc-xc

I would love drop bars – but I’m not sure if I could get the brakes to work.

(No doubt some one could – but I am notoriously rubbish at bike stuff)

I have bough some Ergons with stubby bar ends to give myself some more comfortable positions. And panniers, rack & full length mudguards. 8)

boblo
    Free Member

For drops you’d need the Versa brifters that are another ~£150. That’s a seriously good price for all that bike. I got a similar bargain a few weeks ago on here. Genesis Day One Alfine 8 BNIB for £500. Same sort of thing but with drops/brifters. Not used it yet 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a new commuter bike.’ is closed to new replies.