• This topic has 36 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Looking for a job………………..CRC want you
  • montylikesbeer

£6.76 an hour !

CRC job clicky

poppa
    Free Member

Any other duties required by management

You! Wipe my bum.

sv

You! Stop that river flowing in here 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sssimon
    Free Member

and you'll get to work with lots of people who don't care about bikes and generally don't speak english

DezB
    Free Member

sssimon – Member
    and you'll get to work with lots of people who don't care about bikes and generally don't speak english

Oi oi!

juan
    Free Member

generally don't speak english

Any proof of that?

BluePalomino
    Free Member

£6.76p/h to build spec'd bikes & wheels. wow. That strikes me as a low enough wage to not really trust their wheel building skills. no?

BoardinBob

No telephone experience necessary as we never answer them anyway 😆

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oi – make the tea you bike mechanic you – And then you can put the gimp costume on and hide in that basket untill we call for you 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

£6.76ph……..Scandalous wage for such a fairly skilled job,cannot see anyone taking pride in their work @ that rate.

Decides never ever to buy wheels from them.

Hang your heads in shame CRC

Rich

Jerome
    Free Member

£1 above minimum wage…

postierich
    Free Member

£1 above minimum wage…

So that makes it allright then ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hang ona sec, if you want them to pay the staff more, doesn't that mean they'll charge us more for bike bits?

mashiehood
    Free Member

its a job – pays above the minimum wage and better than working in a sweat shop / collecting bins, cleaning toilets etc etc. People who complain on here will probably complain about CRC prices!

if you wanted better wages you should have tried harder at school!

CaptJon
    Free Member

In terms of wage levels, CRC think wheel building and suspension servicing is equivalent to stacking shelves in Tesco.

hmm…

postierich
    Free Member

CRC are the Tescos of the bike world,and will pay the minimum they can get away with, all I,m saying is if you pay a decent wage you will get a decent work ethic out of your employees.You only have to look @ Halfords staff for a example of shite wages.(well the ones in Tamworth anyway)

Rich

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

whilst i agree it is a low wage it works out average

based on a 40 hour week then £6.76 is roughly £14K a year, that's the average wage for a shop mechanic

source

Bregante

Onzadog – Member
    Hang ona sec, if you want them to pay the staff more, doesn't that mean they'll charge us more for bike bits?

about £5.50 an hour sounds about right :mrgreen:

sssimon
    Free Member

generally don't speak english

Any proof of that?

no prooof just know have 5 or 6 mates who still work there, and I did about 5 years ago

but what would I know

juan
    Free Member

no prooof just know have 5 or 6 mates who still work there

Hum spelling ironing…

radoggair
    Free Member

In terms of wage levels, CRC think wheel building and suspension servicing is equivalent to stacking shelves in Tesco

And someone thinks kicking a little white ball for 90 mins a week is worth £100k p/w. Unforunately the world we live in means that your skilled trade doesn't pay as much as you would think

schmiken

That's a better wage than all the bike shops I've ever worked in….

theboatman
    Free Member

that's the average wage for a shop mechanic

That's going to make life hard for those that have just boycotted CRC, they may never buy wheels again 8)

walleater

mashiehood – Member

its a job – pays above the minimum wage and better than working in a sweat shop / collecting bins, cleaning toilets etc etc. People who complain on here will probably complain about CRC prices!

Part of the problem is the mark-up on bike stuff isn't exactly great, especially when people spend half their life on web forums bitching about prices and looking for the best bargains. Couple this with the tendency for employers to mildly exploit the fact that people want to work in an industry that they like, means that wages are low. I earned much more money when I worked in an office, got to sit around drinking coffee, surfing the 'net all day while listening to fat people talking about Big Brother. Awesome! Made me happy to be alive!

As for the 'should have worked harder comment', well my interest / job enabled me to travel to Canada, explore a small part of a huge country, ride on the North Shore every week, and meet my awesome wife….and I have a degree. I wouldn't want to be a shop mechanic forever, but it's a pretty useful means to an end. I'm just happy that I was born with no interest in numbers, or I could have ended up an accountant in **** Woking, wherever Woking is….dunno but it sounds shit.

rolfharris
    Free Member

£6.75 is about 50p more than I earn. I take great pride in my work, I (as do most bike shop staff) do it for the love, not the money.

That, and fixing and selling bikes isn't really "work", is it?

rob1984p
    Free Member

Anyone can learn to build wheels, build bikes and service suspension; its all pretty simple with some basic training, manuals and practice.

I seem to remember been told CRC is in a deprived area so cost of living will be lower.

As regards it been not a lot more than supermarket workers get paid I bet its an easier job in terms of stress, although most bike shops are sausage fests.

Working for SJS was the most enjoyable job I have had and i'm sure CRC would be a cool place to work and just because someone starts on a wage doesnt mean they will be on it forever.

allyharp

It's just the way things work – if you want to have a job you really enjoy you have to expect to take a pay hit. If working in a bike shop was well paid how many of us would honestly bother with accounting and IT jobs?

jackal
    Free Member

I'm just happy that I was born with no interest in numbers, or I could have ended up an accountant in **** Woking, wherever Woking is….dunno but it sounds shit.

😆 😆

DezB
    Free Member

And someone thinks kicking a little white ball for 90 mins a week is worth £100k p/w.

How is this relevant?? I don't think many bike mechanics set up workshop in a stadium with 10000s of fans cheering them on and Sky paying for the TV rights.

Anyway, I take back "Oi Oi!" above after I got completely the wrong bike from CRC.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

DezB

Checked email and do not seem to have anything from you reference the incorrect kids bike, please email me with the details and we will see if we can get this sorted out as quickly as possible for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience…

Andy.

juan
    Free Member

Yeah right since when? I got a PhD and not even earn 1800€ per month after tax.
    Dezb it is relevant because football player (or any other sportsperson) are completely useless to a society. They do not educate people, they do not heal people, not participate at the socitey (such as key workers).
    Not matter if they have fans or anything…

rolfharris
    Free Member

This is probably going to come off wrong, but does anyone else think juan is starting to type like Alexandre the meerkat?

DezB
    Free Member

Andy – as the store was closed over the weekend, have just emailed sales@… this morning.
    I'll send you a copy if you like! 🙂
    thanks,
    Dez

DezB
    Free Member

Dezb it is relevant because football player (or any other sportsperson) are completely useless to a society

They don't make money by being useful to society. Anyway, how is entertainment not useful?

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

DezB, yes please if not too much trouble.

Andy.

DezB
    Free Member

Done. Thanks.

juan
    Free Member

Anyway, how is entertainment not useful?

It does no participate to the good working of the society. Imagine no one would play football what would be the impact on everydays life? Now imagine no more people to fix road, to deliver mail, no more teacher, no more gp… That would be much more problematic.

And don't get me started on people that work in IT 😉 .

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a job………………..CRC want you’ is closed to new replies.