Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Looking for a hardcore-ish 29er hardtail frame w/rack mounts…
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

As above. I currently have a Mmmbop which I converted to commuter duty, but the wheels are just…too small now. It looks like this:

I want something with decent geometry that I can ride hard, whilst occasionally carrying me groceries. It’s all about no compromise! Nothing too expensive though. It’ll be left locked up in the streets a lot.

I got a few suggestions on this thread 2 years ago..

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/non-premium-29er-frame-with-rack-mounts-needed

But I didn’t buy one back then and wondered what I may have missed in the meantime.

Any suggestions most gracefully received

BigDummy
    Free Member

The new Surly Karate Monkey is 29/27.5″ and has sprouted all manner of rack mounts.

BigDummy
    Free Member
    BigDummy
    Free Member

Or, have you seen the Thule luggage racks?

That looks like it comes on and off pretty easily, is rated for 11kgs and it looks like it will sit on a suspension fork as well.

If it’s any good, you may be able to do what you want without the frame having rack mounts at all. And as most hardcore-ish bikes don’t have rack mounts, that’s got to be a good thing. 🙂

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I’ve got a large Felt Nine 30 frame available. Has rack mounts. Can sell with forks too. Email in my profile.

jonnym92

My Pace RC127 has rack-mounts, I think the RC127+ does too.
    Might be a bit pricey to leave on the street though?

matt_outandabout

Pinnacle Ramin has rack mounts IIRC.

rickonwheels
    Free Member

Voodoo Bizango has rack mounts if you’re after a “budget” option. I generally wouldn’t leave mine locked up in the street though…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a hardcore-ish 29er hardtail frame w/rack mounts…’ is closed to new replies.