Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Looking for a dab radio/hifi with airplay ??
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Does such a thing exist ? After a quick google i found a denon hifi system witth the above at 500 quid but no need for a cd player.

Its for a gift for my dad so must be reasonably simple to use without a billion menus although he has grasped his iphone really well ( still a nightmare with a windows pc though )

Dab is the important feature , dont need audiophile equipment as currently he has a panasonic of somekind with a sub wooofer that is horrendous and gives me a headache.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Was the denon ceol noir i saw and ive just read although its listed as dab its not true dab and is internet radio which stinks of lots of menus to me – although it did get 5 stars …

might need to go actually visit a shop !

geoffj

Apple TV? Does he need dab if he can get radio stations through the wifi?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Apple tv internet radio is a literal nightmare – i have apple tv and while good the radio feature is not even a livable workaround

My experiance of all internet radio applications to date are they are clunky and crowded with shite radio.

Dab radio is due to local radio back home having 3 or 4 dab stations vs 1 fm/am which is awful. Uses his little pure i got him for xmas a couple years back loads but says he wants to get a new dab unit for the living room as the pure doesnt go loud enough for the house without distorting. He has done a **** load of work for me at my new house while i was working in ukraine so would be nice to say thanks.

hp_source

We stayed in a holiday home that had one of these:

Panasonic Bluetooth & DAB etc

Worked great doing iphone audio over bluetooth.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hmmm now thatd work .

wrecker
    Free Member

Zeppelin air?
    Should be able to stream DAB radio through the iPhone anyway (I think).

trail_rat
    Free Member

Really not keen on streaming from iphone.

If i have to id rather forego the airplay than not have a true dab

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a dab radio/hifi with airplay ??’ is closed to new replies.