Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Looking for a 70mm 15 degree 25.4 stem – any ideas?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

My new bike has different geometry/sizing to my old bike – same model, same size but 8 years apart, so the new bike has a 1 inch longer TT and 3/4 inch shorter HT putting the handlebars a bit further away and a bit lower, I find the old bike comfortable so want to change the new bike to get as near as the same setup, so thought the best way is to get a shorter higer rise stem, it's RF Ride 90mm 6 degrees, so reckon 60/70mm 15 degrees should be better, but it's 25.4mm and not OS so not having much luck finding one, RF only seem to do the Ride in 6 degrees? Any suggestions, don't really want to spend a fortune, £30/40 maybe? 😕

qwerty
    Free Member

Titec Blockhead if you can find one, i may have one spare soon.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/info_STOOM3D8017BK.html
    80mm and 17 degree is close and only £20. You might struggle to find exactly what you are after. Those new gusset ones have a shim to take 25.4mm but not sure what lengths etc.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Yeah, the On One stem is getting there, doesn't have to be 70mm x 15 degrees, just something that moves it closer and up a bit, I've been looking on the net since posting this over an hour ago and not much coming up, found the Ritchey Adjustable Stem but not too sure about that one, and found Ritchey also does a 30 degree rise stem but I can only find oversize … but now you mention shims I could always get an OS stem and shim it for the bars, didn't think of that so it could open up a whole new lot of stems, don't really want to have to change bars and stem on a new bike but might have to.

Er, where to get shims??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a 70mm 15 degree 25.4 stem – any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.