Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Looking for 2 Bed Flat or small House to rent in Bradford
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hi!

My partner and I are looking for 2 Bed Flat or small House to rent in Bradford.

We are applying for one in Canal Road, but the rental agent [Walker Singleton] seem to find it impossible to arrange a reference from our guarantor in The Netherlands. 🙄 They have also been as slow as molasses, taken £100 for the application and then managed to take 2 weeks to work-out that the flat we are interested in was offered to us at the wrong price [£450 vs £500] – which clearly was valuable flat-hunting time, and we wouldn’t have made a £40 rail trip to view if we’d been given the correct price.

I will continue with this application for the time being, but am beginning to think that either they are not worth dealing with, or that someone else will get the flat as they are unable to actually arrange our application at any rate of speed.

If anyone here has a Flat/House in Bradford or within 5 or so miles that they would consider renting for approx £450 a month, would you make yourselves known? If it meets our needs I’d rather deal direct with private landlord!

We have several years of references of renting, no missed payments or deposit issues, guarantors and the usual other things. Other terms/conditions can of course be thrashed out!

They are bikes and rabbits involved, but as mentioned before none of this has been an issue in our previous tenancies. We will be both attending the University of Bradford, and therefore will be looking to stay for around 9 months from September 2013.

Thanks so much.

Sam/GfS

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Evening bump

jaylittle
    Free Member

A friend of mine had a 2 bed house in wyke. ive just messaged him to see if its still available. will let you know once he’s got back to me.

Cheers

wl
    Free Member

Failing that, very regular direct trains from Bradford to various spots in Calderdale. Nicer place to live plus amazing riding right on your doorstep.

jamesr
    Free Member

At some point in the next 6-8 weeks, I should have two refurbished flats in the centre of Hebden Bridge up for rent.
    Not Bradford, obviously, but two minutes walk from the station and then 30 minutes to Bradford centre. Much nicer place and great riding too.
    If it’s of any interest, drop me a line at jamesrobertss at yahoo dot com
    Cheers

Simon

Nicer place to live plus amazing riding right on your doorstep.

Shipley, Saltaire, Bingley, Baildon etc are all OK areas with great riding on the doorstep. Why travel when you don’t need to?

wl
    Free Member

Great riding in Shipley etc, perhaps. Not amazing though. Depends what you’re after, I guess.

Simon

Whatever, travelling from Hebden to Bradford every day is going to be a complete pain, it’s miles away. From the places I mentioned you could easily cycle into uni.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thanks people, that’s really kind.

I will talk to the Mrs about it and see what pans-out with the letting agent tomorrow.

john_drummer
    Free Member

A word of advice: stay away from BD3

Shipley good, Eccleshill, Idle, Thackley good. Thornbury, Laisterdyke, Bradford Moor bad

joeegg
    Free Member

For £450 a month there are better places than Canal Road around Bradford.
    Shame that you need a 2 bed as i have a 1 bed flat in Wibsey up for let.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Letting agent still utterly incapable of even acknowledging receipt of the copies of guarantor’s contract/wages, despite them requiring a substantial effort to arrange. Or for that matter even calling me back.

May be scrapping them, I’ll give them a couple of extra days.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d follow the advice above and get out into the sticks a bit and use bus/bike to get into uni. Speaking as a user of the trains on the Calder Valley line, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone and even when you do get to Bradford, its a fair old trek up to the uni. I’d look at Wilsden area. Nice, should be able to find something in your budget and I’d imagine buses should go right past the uni door from that side of town…

woody2000

Also consider Shelf, Queensbury (most bits are ok), Clayton heights is ok, Thornton…..

I used to bike commute from Brighouse to the back of the Uni, have a nice little route in to Bradford if you do end up that way 🙂

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Just watch what you read some of its tosh,
    Dont rely on public transport from Hebden Bridge
    Do look at Saltaire for a flat shipley maybe or bingley

pennine
    Free Member

Spotted this not far from me
    Shipley
    Buses to Bradford every 10 minutes from top of road. Asda 2 mins away. Town centre less than 5 mins. Good places to eat & best of all some fantastic riding from your doorstep.
    I drive on Canal Road twice a day and it’s one long traffic jam at rush hour.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Good call Penine, not seen you for a bit how you doing ?

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Try angus roberts Ilkley, just bumped into a friend who’s’moving out of a flat backs onto Leeds Liverpool canal in Shipley
    £500/ month. Vacant from Monday

pennine
    Free Member

Dales_Rider: Just getting back into mtbing after long lay off with a knee problem which necessitated an operation.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Ouch isthat since April, canalside cafe aperly bridge ?

pennine
    Free Member

Operation a couple of weeks after we met. First ride in July so just taking things easy.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Saltaire is a good option. Good rental market
    Little houses, ok size for a couple. But limited storage , not all have outhouses/cellars.
    Flats in the Mill or old hospital.

letting/estate agent
    village estates
    JI
    maxwells

Good local riding, pubs, rail/bus links to Bradford & Leeds
    Its a nice place to live, better than most of the BD areas mentioned above.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

pennine – Member

Operation a couple of weeks after we met. First ride in July so just taking things easy.

Hope it works what ever they did. See you around as I will be out more myself in a few weeks time.

OP

Here

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Looks like they finally got it sorted.

Thanks so much for your offers guys, I very nearly told them to get lost. I was dealing with a nice chap there, then he went on holiday without telling us in advance, and the woman who took over from him was utterly useless and rude – hence the thread.

I’ll check back here if I need to move into another place around Bradford way.

Sam

woody2000

Sam – there’s plenty of us on here from Bradford and the surrounding areas, give us a shout if you fancy a ride some time 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

🙂 I will – my ‘Pig actually needs to be ridden 😉

pennine
    Free Member

Are you looking at the old railway workers houses just before Laver’s?

Saw a couple for rent while driving by last night.

Glad you’re sorted.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Old Mill in Canal Road for the new flat. Used to live on “Mill St”*, above the coffee shop, so it’s not far.

*Oh how my Father, a Yorkshireman, laughed when I told him that was my address 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yo!

It’s that time again 😉

The flat in Canal Road is OK, but we’re pining for t?h?e? ?f?j?o?r?d?s? a garden. We should be able to move in about a month, but any time after that is of interest.

The circumstances haven’t changed, I will be returning to do a Masters at the Uni, and MissStripes is there ’till September.

Looking to rent for around £450, 2 bed so we can have a study room.

From the above posters, do any of you nice people have a place to view at the moment? We’d consider many areas – but moving out of town a bit is the goal this time.

References from letting agents can be arranged – we’ve not had/caused any trouble.

On a slightly different note – seen a place on Zoopla – off Thornton Road, BD8. Will I/we die [or get burglarised to death]?

Ta Very Much
    GfS

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Daytime bump. I’d far rather deal with a private landlord.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Do you have transport? If not and you’re both at Bradford uni, I’d recommend somewhere further up Great Horton Road; e.g Clayton or Queensbury, and get the bus into town. 576 would be almost perfect. I wouldn’t recommend Girlington though

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hi – we have bikes and a car 🙂

I don’t mind travelling up to 5 miles to uni on a bike, but I’m very interested to hear about any potential places to rent in the area as a whole.

Thanks John,

Anyone else?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Wike & Wibsey are reasonable areas on the right side of town, not too far out. Queensbury and Clayton nearer and again reasonable areas. Moving further west, Denholme & Thornton proper are again nicer than areas closer to the uni. Avoid areas off Wakefield Rd and Leeds Road. Moving further north to say Shipley, Bingley, Baildon and beyond, will involve a horrible commute across town.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

All good advice – thanks.

Bump, for nearly the last time 🙂

woody2000

I’ll just say it one last time – Shelf 🙂

Where I grew up, loads of local riding and an easy ride or bus to Bradford uni

This one is close to the woods and local park etc. £525 though

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Nice find. I’ll show it to the MissStripes.

Thanks 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Go up slightly on flat monthly budget, you’ve no need to bother with car insurance so can use the extra for a nicer place 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

This is true.

Any possible landlords in da house?

john_drummer
    Free Member

I was. had a house in BD3. Thankfully (not) long since sold, wouldn’t recommend it to anyone

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Looking for 2 Bed Flat or small House to rent in Bradford’ is closed to new replies.