Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Looking at getting a dog, option number 1 Working cocker any experience
  • heresjonny
    Free Member

As above 2 kids 6 and 4, very active family. We live in the countryside, I run 3-4 times a week, and cycle.

Anyone got one and offer any advice

Artillerydave
    Free Member

We’ve got a 7 month old Working 3/4 Cocker / 1/4 Lakeland cross. Had her from 8 weeks. Got 3 kids, 6 year old twins and 14 year old. A great breed of dog with a very good temprament.

Very good with kids and a real high energy dog when out, but very relaxed and content at home. Will run and run all day when out. Ours (a bitch) was from a working stock so has tail docked etc.

If you are thinking about them as a dog I’d highly recommend them. I am not really a doggy person but was nagged by my daughter into getting one. Did loads of research on breeds and spoke to lots of friends for advice. Very happy with final choice and wouldn’t be without little Isla now.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Perfect dog ….as long as you don’t leave it at home on its own in the day ……

sharkbait
    Free Member

We’re on our third pocket rocket and love them. Jasmine is now 20 months and is brilliant – she’ll play/run all
    day but happy to slob around and do nothing for a couple of days as well. Good trail dogs, me and a mate took ours (sisters) for a run around delamere this afternoon and they didn’t need to go on a lead once.
    Brilliant with kids and doesn’t bother with other dogs either. They can be fussy eaters but won’t starve themselves. Very faithful and, if you get one with a good pedigree, I’ve found them to be pretty easy to train – ours will sit for ages if you tell her to even if you go out of sight! Not cheap though!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Looking at getting a dog, option number 1 Working cocker any experience’ is closed to new replies.