Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Looking at a specialized pitch pro 2010
  • rabriguez
    Free Member

As title. I’m looking at a specialized pitch pro 2010 second hand tomorrow. It’s in great shape from the limited photos I’ve seen. Is there anything in particular I should look for and what is a reasonable price. Any views or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks

godzilla
    Free Member

Good bike, 2010 was the best colour, air Pikes are good.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Frames are great, everything bolted to them was crap (IME)

rabriguez
    Free Member

Cheers people. In good condition any ideas on value?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

250?

Underhill
    Free Member

I picked up my new old-stock 2010 Pitch frame last year for £400, maybe give you some idea of frame value.

Mostly I love it, but not too sure on the Fox shock that came with it, seems to run through the travel very easily, although I rarely get it to bottom out.

Results it in getting a lot of pedal strikes, but as far as I can see that’s more a feature of the FSR design than anything else.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Every fsr smacks pedals just the way they are ,
    Had an older pitch and fitted a shock with a high volume air can
    Made a huge improvement

raisinhat
    Free Member

I think specialized bikes and pedal strikes are just because of their really low BBs.

Just look for the usual frame stuff, afaik there weren’t any issues with cracks or snapping bits.

Duffer
    Free Member

The cables route along the bottom of the down tube and under the BB; this is a recipe for cable rub around the BB shell, so make sure you have a good look around this area. If it’s been neglected, the cables can rub right through the ally.

Otherwise, they’re pretty nails. As above, some of the kit fitted to them was turd (cheap-o headset and shite Avid brakes failed on mine) but most kit was excellent (pikes have never been serviced, and continue to function brilliantly, 4 years on).

Just look for the usual frame stuff, afaik there weren’t any issues with cracks or snapping bits.

Spesh warrantied them for 160mm forks, but i’ve seen plenty of people run them at 180mm with no issues.

Enjoy!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Is the 2010 model the Black one?

rabriguez
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. The one I’m looking at is silver with black decals

rabriguez
    Free Member

Does £500 ish sound a reasonable price?

nosedive
    Free Member

sounds like on ok price. check there is no play in the rear end by rocking the wheel side to side. there are loads of bearings and a service will cost 90£. check where the brake hose clamps to the chainstay as it can wear into the ally. check downtube etc carefully for dents. aside from that enjoy. great bikes

andeh

I’ve heard a couple of tales of chainstays snapping, though it’s obviously not a widespread issue.

rabriguez
    Free Member

Wee bump for the night owls, looks like I may buy/test this tomorrow

duner
    Free Member

used to have a Pitch, wish I never sold it, had a few more expensive bikes since and none have been quite as good all round. Regarding the hoses under the DT, had a rock strike cut clean though my rear hose once, and on a different occasion put a massive dent near the BB. Would recommend getting/bodging a guard if you live anywhere rocky.

Duffer
    Free Member

What news, sir?

13thfloormonk

Have pimped mine up a bit for another season in Vancouver, great bike and have enjoyed every minute riding it. Some friends apparently had problems with the seat-stay bridges hitting the seat-tubes at full compression. You might want to check that by removing all the air from the shock and compressing it, but in truth I’ve never heard of it being a real world problem so it might not be a reason to miss out on a good deal.

For what its worth I got a full bike (Coil Pikes, Avid J3s, Blackspire Chain Device, Deore/X7/X9 kit) for 750 pounds

rabriguez
    Free Member

Went to view after agreeing a price of £460. Bike was in good condition, no play in the suspension etc. had a sit on it, short spin around the block to see how it felt but it was too big. Really gutted as I’d thought I’d cracked it!

Duffer
    Free Member

Too big how? They are quite a long bike anyway (a good few inches longer than my 456).

What size frame was it? For reference, i’m a smidgen under 6ft, and my size M Pitch is slightly on the small side…

rabriguez
    Free Member

I’m 6ft2 and it was an xl. I was pretty sure it would be on the big size bu when I sat on it felt massive.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I’m 6’0″ and my 2008 medium was perfect.

Duffer
    Free Member

I’m 6ft2 and it was an xl.

Fair enough! That’s unfortunate – keep looking, you’ll find one!

scott_mcavennie2 – your bike looks gorgeous!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Looking at a specialized pitch pro 2010’ is closed to new replies.