Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Look what we saw on tonight's ride.
  • MrSparkle

Hello deer!

takisawa2

You saw an Inbred !!!
    🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmmmmm, venison!

Junkyard
    Free Member

only ever seen them spooked in the dark though we did meet a herd of cows asleep on the san marino /belmont once in the dark FUN!!

bongo136
    Free Member

I saw 4 of them run right infront off me in the woods on my ride the other week… scared the sh*t out of me 😳

Hohum
    Free Member

The week before last I saw 4 of them in 10 days.

Apparently it is to do with the young ones leaving their mothers and is supposed to be quite common in April/May.

MrSparkle

There are a LOT of ’em knocking about at the mo near us. Three dead in the space of 2 miles on the A666 recently. We are seeing groups virtually every ride.

charliedontsurf

Had a small herd stampede through our bivi spot last week. But it might of been ponies, I curled up in a ball with my arms over my face, and bag over my face.

JohnnyPanic

Saw a herd of 50+ a few weeks ago crossing the track in front of me whilst riding near home (SW Sheffield), and no I wasn’t in Chatsworth 🙂

colournoise

Saw a couple when riding Thetford a few weeks back. One was just a blur as it darted away from the trail, but the other was stood halfway down one of the inslopes to Madgett’s Pit. Stayed stood there all casual munching foliage as I rode in and out of the pit 3 or 4 times. Had I jinked right instead of left when I hit the pit the first time and taken a different slope I might have been having venison for tea (assuming a 15mph+ Mr Hyde with bloater pilot is harder than a small deer?).

slainte 😯 rob

atlaz
    Free Member

Cycle through any of the parks on the edge of W an SW London and you’ll see more deer than you can shake a stick at. Scares the shit out of you when one wanders over on dark evenings to see what that light is. Pretty sure hitting a stag at full pelt would do little to him other than upset him and quite a lot of damage to me.

highclimber
    Free Member

Nice mudguard

ashfanman
    Free Member

See some almost every time I go out to Richmond Park. Not quite sure that counts, though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Look what we saw on tonight's ride.’ is closed to new replies.