Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Look what I got today!
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Second hand from a fellow rider up the road, but I think this is ace. He built it himself (he's a welder) and it takes 4 bikes easily. I'm a happy bunny today :o)

Daffy

Looks perfik that does…but how does one secure the bikes? Are you just using ties?

Bat1
    Free Member

Why is it resting on a Container of Pi$$

peteimpreza

Weel it is a nice bit of metal work.

But.

Given the frequency of bike thefts from properties and the associated 'feeling' that the scrotes follow you when they see good bikes on a car, is that not just a very efficient advertising hoarding saying I have four bikes, follow me and nick them?

Sorry to be a grump but my comments are out of concern not trying to be clever.

cynic-al
    Free Member

spare wheel and everything. Nice.

carlos
    Free Member

Thats pretty neat, bloke over the road from my Mum & Dads had something simular for his speedway bikes. I'm assuming you'll secure the bikes to the Pipe-lagged bar that'll sit between two of the bikes with a strap of some sort but as they are removable how are they secured/fixed to the chassis??

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

2 'U bars' mount on the trailer and are secured with hex grub screws (designed like this so they can be removed for storage). Strap wheels to trough and strap frame to 'U bar'. Simple & quick. Very pleased

Container is bike cleaning piss

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Sterling Moss Green.?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Given the frequency of bike thefts from properties and the associated 'feeling' that the scrotes follow you when they see good bikes on a car, is that not just a very efficient advertising hoarding saying I have four bikes, follow me and nick them?

Know what you mean, but not really that much different to when I cycle one of my bikes to / from the house, so not worried

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

[hijack]

i have one, slightly bigger (wider), for 4 bikes, which i need to get rid of…

based in st andrews.

the gullys for the wheels weren't built with mtbs in mind though, so either for thin tyres or with tyres deflated, normally ok. one suspension unit is buggered too, but can be easily replaced i'm told.
    email in profile, would need picking up!

[/hijack]

that looks a really nice one btw,well built. they're useful things, and can be used to carry loads when the uprights are off (on mine anyway).

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Oh, and the best bit was he only wanted £50 for it 😀

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

hungry monkey – no idea how to find your email address, but may be interested. Any chance you could chuck me an email? theidesofmarch@hoxnoxadox.com
    cheers dude.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

kenneththecurtain – YGM 🙂

br
    Free Member

It will bounce like buggary due to no weight and be an absolute sod to reverse (short and narrow).

Apart from that, it'll be brill.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Update: Used it last night with one bike and it worked fine. It's a little bouncy on pot holes, etc but seemed nice and stable at 60. So, so far still happy 😀

Haven't tried reversing yet, cross that bridge if I ever have to!

wwaswas

"seemed nice and stable at 60"

That's good because by law that's the fastest you can go on dual carriageways/motorways and you'll be restricted to 50 anywhere else the national speed limit applies.

re: reversing, tbh with somethign that light you'd be better unhitching it for anything more complicated than straight back.

I'd look at getting xome sort of hitchlock that you can lock the trailer to the car – there's too many opportunists around anywhere you'll park it (even/especially motorway services). At home I'd look at bolting it to somethign or getting a wheelclamp.

Looks cool – maybe you could get a locker to go on there if you'r enot carrying 4 bikes – would be good to have somewhere for muddy kit that's not the boot of the car 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hitchlock already being sorted. Also going to make myself up a removeable box so that I can use it as a box trailer. Good shout on the locker for filth encrusted kit!

Plan to keep it in the garage (just need to do some serious tidying / clearing up first!) or if not I'll be putting in a ground anchor to lock it to

toby1

You won't really need to reverse it – it can just be un-mounted and wheeled into place.

karnali
    Free Member

like that alot i will nick the design and get the fathe lin law to make one for 6 for when i take the puipls out from schol, save loading 8 bikes onto and into athe 206 estate 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Look what I got today!’ is closed to new replies.