Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Longshot Emerancy!! Anyone have a iphone 5s for sale in the Stockport Area?
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

10 year old daughter has received an iphone 5s for her birthday today.
    Her first mobile, new sim went in this morning and turns out the phones locked to O2.

I need to source something sharpish that will work on Plusnet / EE so an EE mobile I believe or something unlocked.
    I can get it unlocked but it will take up to a week and obviously Birthday girl won’t want to wait a week after waiting months and months as it is!

Is there any life savers in the area that may be able to help or can suggest an alternative. I did wonder if I could buy an O2 sim and start her on that and then port the number across but it still leaves the problem of her losing the phone whilst it gets unlocked!

Frustrating!!!
    PS Admin, I know this is essentially a WTD ad but also looking for advice or a solution and it is an emergency!!

walla24
    Free Member

Anyone you know been on 02 for 12months or more?
    Get them to put their sim in and ring o2 asking to unlock for use abroad etc.
    £15 charge and takes 24-48hours….allegedly

walla24
    Free Member

https://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/unlock-iphone/O2-UK/
    £20 for again 24-48 hour unlock service?

Mowgli
    Free Member

You can request an 02 unlock code online, it just needs to be done by someone with a contract older than 1 year. They don’t actually need to have the phone.

AlexSimon

We managed to do it by activating the phone (with an o2 sim), then paid £1.99 on ebay for an unlock.

sweepy
    Free Member

If its her first phone does it really need to be on EE? Just bung a giffgaff sim in and leave it there.

wors

Can you not get a giffgaff sim? that works on 02 and swap the number over?

Drac

Unlocking takes hours not a week or at least it has for me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The gift of patience will keep on giving for years 🙂

gravitysucks
    Free Member

The gift of patience will keep on giving for years

😆

Her Mum has been on O2 for years so that could be a good solution!
    Will she have to keep her O2 SIM in it for the duration of unlock or can I put the O2 SIM in, request an unlock then switch them back again?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Needs to be on EE as I’ve sorted a contract with Plusnet which is based in the EE network.

£10 a month for unlimited texts, 5gb of data and 500mins talk time…

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Sorted!!
    Logged into her mum’s O2 account. Put imei (or what ya call it) number in the box and that’s it.

Took 2 mins and will be done in 24-48 hrs!

Cheers for all the help peeps!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Longshot Emerancy!! Anyone have a iphone 5s for sale in the Stockport Area?’ is closed to new replies.