Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Longleat Riding
  • badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

I’m committed toa family get togethor at centre parks in longlet in the new year. Is there any sneaky riding from the park anyone know of? I saw the recent video online of Danny Mac, Sam Pilgrim etc and those gaps were too big for me!

DT78
    Free Member

Interested in any info too, as it looks like I’ll be spending a few weeks there each year for the foreseeable future

awh
    Free Member

Masses of great singletrack! Find the bridleway that goes through Buckler’s wood and if you see a trail heading off into the trees take it. Good stuff in the wood to the north of Shearwater too.

Scamper
    Free Member

Found quite a bit when I’ve needed to escape from the extended family for an hour. Out the main entrance, turn right, then turn right again and dive in at the junction or any where along that road. Even a few trails not far from the back of the car park

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Theres a cycleway that runs straight past the entrance security hut. Take the right and follow your nose for a short while until you hit the road then just have a sniff about.

iain1775
    Free Member

Did the same earlier this year
    Head out the main entrance to CP, there is a bridleway on RHS before you reach the road, follow this across another road and then follow your nose
    Strava heatmap shows loads of stuff, it’s easy to link together but also easy to get lost (fortunately I had an OS map on my phone)

As always at Centreparcs, don’t leave your bike lying around, chalets have a massive storage cupboard, I kept our 3 bikes in there

nicksee
    Free Member

As others have already said, follow path right of entrance until you get to road (the red way) plenty of trails start from this area. Cannimore & bucklers wood on the other side of the road is full of single track as is the wood to the south of the red way leading to shearwater. If you enter the single track to the south or north of the red way at the ’24’ ncr number on the os map further up the road you will find many more 😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m off on my annual centre parcs family meet up on Friday, generally I just follow my nose, but last year I was shown around by a couple of locals. Fingers crossed I can retrace my steps this year.

timbo678
    Free Member

The Macaskill trails are in the woods somewhere on the estate but I think riding has been banned, it was controlled by these guys

About Us

Give them a shout and they’ll advise you I am sure

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

It seems they were forced to drop the management, and thus access of the site last year. What a shame.

c_klein87

my parents are local and i ride there regularly, heavy logging has trashed a few trails but still plenty with a 5min ride from the entrance, if you use strava check out the heatmap on the route builder function and shows the location of most of it. The black canon stuff is a bit lethal now, i’d ride there with care

martib

Yes there is plenty of riding in the woods around Centre Parc’s. As c_klein87 has said there has been a lot of logging in the woods recently. However the local trail pixie is clearing them. If you ride the main tracks you will probably find tyre marks heading off onto the singletrack or ask other riders, you might meet the trail pixie, goes by the earthly name of Gordon 😉
    The jumps area that was run by the Black Cannon Collective is still accessible, even though they have stopped managing it. That is on the Safari park side of the road.

jimdubleyou

When I were a lad my folks had a place at Gaer Hill. Few trails in the woods to the south there.

You can stop off in the Bath Arms at Horningsham on your way over.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Longleat Riding’ is closed to new replies.