Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Longleat Forest today. With snaps.
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Some of the trails were the wettest I've ever seen them thanks to all the melt-water and the overnight downpours, but hey. We had a great time grinding through the abrasive paste that is 'Longleat'. Nice to meet Peteimpreza and GSI-Man (hope it was worth the journey, Pete). Also nice to see Fuzzyfelt again (briefly) leading his SPAM group. Some bloke called 'Drain' turned up again this week, hungry for more punishment 😀

More low-grade snaps here.

rOcKeTdOg

any lion action?

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Cheers for the pics Chas.They made me smile.It was maybe a little wet and muddy today but still alot of fun.Cheers chaps. 🙂

peteimpreza

Yeah but it will be great when it's dry. 😀

drain

Had to LOL at Pete – today's slogan!

What a hoot, great fun in whatever the weather. Still looking for more "punishment", bring it on! 😯

Respect to the Merman for leaving me in his wake on the climbs while on a SS, just shows how I need to get those miles in 😕

That photo almost makes me look like I know what I'm doing…

peteimpreza

And yes it was worth the trip.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

LOL! Like I say: there's usually a 3-day window in late-August when the trails round there are truly 'dusty'. You'll have to come back then.

That said, a good 99% was ride-able today. Except for that bombhole 😉

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Hi – brief hello, hope you had a good ride! Hey, I'm nowhere near that knowledgable of Longleats finest; I (along with 19 others – big SPAM outing) were being led and dragged by a cycling humanoid for almost 30 miles around tracks that I had no idea existed. He did provide good cake at the end tho'!

drain

Oh yes, the bombhole… next time!

Pete, cheers for the beer, well someone's got to keep up traditions 😉

I had a great time, really good to meet friendly folk on interesting trails. Beautiful day too.

alexonabike

Where are the trails around Longleat? I live locally and would love to ride there!

alexonabike

EDIT: double post

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Where are the trails around Longleat?

Blimey… All over the place! We did about 4.5hrs there today. And there's WAY more to do than we did.

If you like, drop me a line and I'll give you a shout next time I'm/we're going for a spin there. Alternatively, get in touch with these blokes. They do regular Tuesday night rides amongst other stuff.

drain

Chas is the man to show you round the trails. When's next?

Strangelove
    Free Member

I a bit annoyed at myself for missing out on this.
    My alarm went off at 7 am and I hit snooze, or at least I thought i did, and woke up again at 9:30. Bah!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Longleat Forest today. With snaps.’ is closed to new replies.