Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Longest ride ?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Whats the longest ride have you done in a day ?.Last sundays ride in the lakes is the longest for me so far.Set off from troutbeck,up to park fell,on to high street,along and down to ullswater,follow the lake edge to patterdale,carry on onto hartsop,up to hayeswater,cry{sorry-climb :lol:} back upto the top of park fell,then drop back into troutbeck.Set off @ 8am and we didnt get back till 7pm .Admitadly we stopped quite a few times but for me and my mate it was quite an achievement.

ton

180 miles on the road. Buttys Brid Trip audax.
    100 mile offroad. on a 1 day polaris special in the nym a few years ago.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

100 miles offroad is impressive.Not to sure how long my ride was.Im guessing around 35 miles.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

55 miles tandem and full luggage – estate roads in the highlands ( apart from 87 ish at Sits a couple of years ago but thats hardly mountainbiking). 30 – 40 is the usual ride – but half of that on sustrans tracks

hh45
    Free Member

136 miles on road, north London to Brighton and back. 100 miles off road – SDW to Eastbourne plus riding to the start and from Victoria back to N16.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I trundled North London to central Bristol in a day once. That was rather hard work and I was very glad to come over the last hill in the dark and see the lights of Bristol and a long bowl down. Got to my girlfriend’s place at about 11pm. She wasn’t expecting me until the next day really.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Not too sure. It could have been the one yonks ago organised by Mrs Flash where I distinctly remember parking in a pub car park on the promise of beer at the end and cake, but we got back so late the pub had shut.

It was either that one or the one that Roper lulled me into with JanetsteetPorter and another friend where we set off at 9am in July I think with the promise that we’d be back before 12 and before it got hot. We ended up getting back around 3, 33 degree heat (this was the Straights of Gibraltar route) no water, with the rest of the group worried that I may not make it as there was a somewhat strong element of flagging with still a good hour’s ride to get back to the cars.

crazy-legs

About 200 miles on road, it was the Dunwich Dynamo a few years ago. Set off from my Mum’s house in S.London, rode up to London Fields, did the 125 miles up to the Suffolk coast, had breakfast then rode to Ipswich station (45 miles). Train back to London then rode back to my Mum’s house.

Not sure that it counts cos it was in bits and pieces with a train journey in the middle of it!

MTB was a 90 mile epic in the Lakes. I was tempted to do another 10 to make it a century but I was incapable of moving. 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

southdowns way.

plus a bit to and from the trainstation/ pub/ kebaby

so all in all around 105 miles

Smee
    Free Member

302km on road and around 140km off road.

terrahawk
    Free Member

200 miles offroad, round and round and round and round I went at CLIC24 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Did 98 miles around Coed Y Brenin a few years back, all 3 of the old trails twice, I was a bit of a mess afterwards frankly, something like 14000ft climbing!

105 miles on the road.

trail_rat
    Free Member

same ride as smee for 302k on road over the “snow roads” – cairn o mount , cabrach , the lecht , Cairnwell/glenshee

10utb this year 175k Geared
    10utb 2 years ago – 162k SS

general arsing about off road about 200k – about 75% off road … rode from my door – up to the glens on bits and pieces of tracks , then did the mount keen/fungle road loop and rode home on the bits and pieces of tracks …

DeeJay
    Free Member

A long time ago me and a mate decided we needed a long ride. We had done a few 100 miles ‘in a day’ trips so decided to go for the 200 – a nice round figure.

My mate planned the route by the simple method of linking as many of the Lakeland passes as he could manage – that was fine but we had to ride over from County Durham first! I stuck some slicks on an old steel framed bike I had lying around and at sparrow burp we set off.

We did Kirkstone Pass first and then down into Ambleside with Wrynose next. At the top we stopped to admire the view – as you do. This was the moment my rear tyre went BANG. Spare tubes we had plenty but no tyres. A bodged repair with bits of tube and cardboard looked awful and felt worse but got me back down to Ambleside where I was able to buy a tyre at Biketreks.

It was now far too late to try and regain the route so it was back via Kirstone Pass and retrace our route home – and you know what we only managed 185! 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

this might sound made up but one i forgot … and someone on here can confirm as i picked up the turbo trainer from him….

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wtdcheap-turbo-trainer-or-rollers-amp-dinotte-bits

rode 160k from my house to cuper and back on my fixie (incidently the one im selling) with my bob yak in tow – 80k of it with a turbo trainer in the bob !

terrahawk
    Free Member

DeeJay – that’s one big **** off ride.

Smee
    Free Member

That is no bog standard willy waving – that is full blown helicopter style willy waving.

DeeJay
    Free Member

I am easily led – ask ton

sockpuppet

off road: 118 miles at the weekend – lapping round OSMM. also beat my longest road ride with that one – have to do better! 200k is the next target.

terra – good result mate, didn’t realise i was being lapped so often by other stwers…

still getting my head round the fact that matt didn’t use the granny ring – i was scarcely out of it!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is no reason at all why folk couldn’t do a couple of hundred road miles in a day – some (mad) folk do that in the 24 hr races offroad.

I did a hundred mile day when I was about 14 on a hub gear roadster. Just takes time.

NZCol

21 hours with 2 x 15min sleeps. Dunno how far it was from memory but 200Km rings a bell – offroad.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Longest ride ?’ is closed to new replies.