Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • longer forks
  • martymac

so, had my rock shox toras for 3 years now, and i rode off a (small) drop off at laggan a couple of weeks ago.
    cue leaking oil and loss of some air pressure from the fork.
    forks were standard out of the box, set to 80mm.
    pumped them back up a bit and continued as we were right at the top of the hill.
    got back home, spoke to my mate in the lbs who assured me that it was probably just a seal, nothing to worry about, and that if i could assemble all my own parts onto a frame i could manage a fork service on a simple fork like a tora no prob.
    so, replaced seals and removed spacer later, i have to say, it was pretty easy to do.
    biggest surprise for me though, is how much i am enjoying the increased travel, its made my bike come alive. (orange p7)
    happy days . . . .

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well done! RS forks are a piece of cake to take apart aren’t they? 🙂

martymac

yes, i cant believe i was actually worried about it, thay are much simpler than some folk would have you believe.

imp999
    Free Member

I serviced a pair of RS Psylos which have a few gubbins and springs in and you have to bleed them. But these are Space age compared to the Marzocchi MX comps I did last night! What, four component in the damper leg and three in the other?
    Christ, no wonder they go on and on!

martymac

yep, its amazing, and they work. not too light though, but then neither am i.
    i am also finding that i can pedal better, due to increased layback on the seat tube.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘longer forks’ is closed to new replies.