Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Long weekend in September: Recommendations please
  • leggyblonde
    Free Member

I'm thinking of going away for 4 days in september to somewhere warm with cheap flights and technical XC riding. At the moment the italian/french riviera looks like a good bet, especially as there are so many flights to Nice. Another consideration is the pyrenees but I think the flight times might waste a lot of holiday!
    Any thoughts much appreciated.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

no one?

ART

Switchbacks?

uplink
    Free Member

loads of options in SE Spain – flying into Malaga

stratobiker
    Free Member

Come back out to the Limousin.
    September is usually fantastic here.
    Have a go at the 'Sentiers de Macons' 100km VTT Rando which starts at La Souterraine (28th Sept).

SB

juan
    Free Member

At the moment the italian/french riviera looks like a good bet, especially as there are so many flights to Nice.

Nope riding is sh1te nothing to see here… Riding is rubbish September is wetter than a british summer and trails are generally closed for refurbishment…

crazy-legs

Freeride Spain.
    Ace riding, usually excellent weather, good food.

Fly to either Malaga or Granada.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys, will check them out. Perhaps I'll just bring mud tyres Juan!

SB, I was thinking of somewhere with almost guaranteed sun at that time of year but I should be over at somepoint during the winter. Rando would certainly interest my parents though

juan
    Free Member

Not the south of France then. Don't trust the popular belief it's sunny. You get june july and august full of sun. Then it's just rubbish and shite.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

http://www.sierracycling.com – just 20 minutes from Malaga airport, we'll have you out on the trails an hour after landing if you can get an early morning flight. Weather still warm & sunny until mid October.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

south of spain is looking v appealing at the mo!

juan, I have family who live near grasse, we regularly have meals on the terrace over christmas… but don't worry I think I might practice my spanish this time 🙂

juan
    Free Member

near grasse above or under??

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

http://www.themountainbikeadventure.com/

Algarve, Portugal. Sunniest part of Europe 🙂 Loads of cheap flights to Faro gives timing flexibility for the travel.

Remember most of the faff with flying short haul is the stuff on the ground, getting to and at the airport so don't let an extra 30 – 45 mins flight put you off going further south. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Long weekend in September: Recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.