Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Long weekend in Morzine – how much?
  • Nagasaki
    Free Member

Me and five mates fancy a long weekend in Morzine/Les Gets next year. Disregarding flights, any thoughts on how much we could do it for? Not bothered about accommodation standards, will be hiring bikes and also not really interested in a guided holiday. Just really accommodation and bike hire – any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Ambrose

I've never hired out there but was told bike hire is approx. 70 euros per day! I could be wrong though, I hope I am.

nickjb
    Free Member

70 euro/day sounds about right for bikes. If you are down south it is a fairly easy drive and you can take your own bikes, takes a little longer but you can be flexible with times and your first/last night can be in a cheap f1 hotel on the way. Small apartments and chalets are cheap. We paid 700 euro for 8 of us for a week. They tend to be sat-sat or sun-sun so getting a long weekend might be tricky, just fire off a load of emails. You don't need a guide.

Nagasaki
    Free Member

Bump

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Camping will save you a few bob too. Road tolls are around €60 each way and is's about 550 miles from Calais, so work out the petrol cost if you decide to drive. Bikes in Chamonix were around €70 a day minimum in July, might be a little cheaper in Morzine. Booze certainly will be.

I just spent weeks in the Alps in a van and our own bikes, cost around £1,200 each all in, including lift passes, eating out every other night, hotel in Chamonix and a trip to Lake Garda. A long weekend is going to be proportionately more expensive.

Personally, I'd fly if I was just going for 3 or 4 days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Long weekend in Morzine – how much?’ is closed to new replies.