Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Long Travel Ti Hardtail ?
  • mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Have always ridden hardtails with forays in to full sus which mostly ended in disappointment as it does not suit most of the riding I do. Recently built a decent spec 29er enduro full sus bike for a holiday in Spain and my riding buddy could not get the money together and as a result the bike has been ridden six times and I now realise it is not the bike for me.
    Now I need a frame that will build in to a long travel hard tail that will take abuse but also compliant. Recently sold a Fireline with regret only after it went as it built in to such as capable bike.
    I now want to build a capable long travel 29er hardtail that will take a 150mm Pike I have. Really I want something that will do local short fun steep trails but also long day natural trails with steep rocky decents.

brant
    Free Member

We have a model called the #battlecat which is as you describe.
    Though we push the limits of oddness with 83mm BB and 157mm rear hub spacing.

Clink

Kona Honzo ti 2016?

shindiggy
    Free Member

Kingdom vendetta?

wiggles
    Free Member

Buy a new air shaft for your pikes and make them shorter travel?

costs £30 and makes frame buying easier…

bikeneil
    Free Member

Kingdom vendetta?

That’s not 29.

br
    Free Member

That #battlecat looks interesting, especially as I’m still riding Brant’s original LT Ti HT – the Lynskey 456Ti.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Thanks for the response people
    Any indication of geometry on the Battlecat?
    Honzo would be good except for the price.
    Do Kingdom even consider 29″ now?

danti

Ti Quarterhorse though you may need to shorten the pikes to 140.

brant
    Free Member

Some renders and spec there. Frame is custom but base geometry is 65.6deg head angle static with 140s and 74deg seat. But we can do anything. It’s just numbers.

simonjj
    Free Member

Kingdom have the 29er Vendetta Plus coming soon… http://www.kingdombike.com/TheKingdom/?p=2934

accu
    Free Member

+1 for the ti quarterhorse..
    running mine with 150 pikes without any problems..
    geo is the same as on the steel QH…

everyone
    Free Member

Ooh that battlecat looks nice. Be even better if it was 650b, sensible width and adjustable dropouts!

brant
    Free Member

Be even better if it was 650b, sensible width and adjustable dropouts!

That’s no problem.
    It’s custom. We can do all that.

everyone
    Free Member

If I wasn’t changing jobs this month, and had money, and had space I’d definitely be getting in touch right now! As it is it’ll be a few months before I can properly start thinking about new bikes.

Poor excuses I know…

Potdog
    Free Member

+1 more for the Kingdom Bike Vendetta. Awesome piece of kit.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Long Travel Ti Hardtail ?’ is closed to new replies.