• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by devs.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Long Travel HT on Cyclescheme
  • devs
    Free Member

I know On-One do it and I've told my pal but he wants a choice, soooooooooo, where else can he get a long travel hardtail on C2W? 110-140mm travel ideally. Any ideas welcomed. Ta.

psychle
    Free Member

you're going to cop some stick I suspect…

jimmy

tricky commute? or lucky…

swisstony
    Free Member

Cotic Soul or BFe

akira

Genesis do some, Kona do the Five-O, Commencal have the Ramones and Marin have a few as well.

devs
    Free Member

you're going to cop some stick I suspect..

Bring it on. I've got 2 summer seasons but I work from home and don't do C2W! I'm asking the question because it was asked of me and I can't think of a bike that you could get from say halfords that would fit the bill. I've seen Kona Stinkys bought on C2W so a long travel HT isn't going to raise any eyebrows particularly amongst them's what don't know nuffink about bikes. Ta for suggestions so far.

steveh

I think leisure lakes have done a special crush with orange to suit the c2s budget.

stanfree
    Free Member

My GT aggressor xcr came with Marzocchi 44's which have 140mm of travel on them . It retails at 749.99.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mate got a Kona 5-0 though HF on CTW

It's a tank

Head for the Hills have done a few Prince Alberts/Alpines on C2W.

takisawa2

Charlie the Bike Monger is flexible.
    That's all I'll say. 😉

Road-bike-to-work
    Hybrid-to-work
    Commuter-to-work

Bike-to-Work.
    And the last time I looked a Long-travel HT was a bike.
    What about a Genesis ?

ampthill

Genesis altittude 10 from Evans?

You could commute on it and ride it off road as well….

This year it gets rack/mud guard mounts
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/genesis/altitude-10-2010-mountain-bike-ec021335

devs
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Like I say, it's not for me. It's for a pal. He has decided on a carbon 456 with SLX and Magura Thors. Sounds nice but dunno if I would go for carbon.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Long Travel HT on Cyclescheme’ is closed to new replies.