Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Long travel full sus riders…..?
  • ton

what have you got? pics would be nice.
    how does it ride?

jam-bo

How long is long?

My bandit rides great but that’s probably more medium travel.

ton

160mm

coogan
    Free Member

155mm at the back and 160mm at the front. Pivot Mach 6. It rides jolly nice thank you very much.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Still can’t see what all the fuss is about with big wheels, it brings the trail alive:

stevied
    Free Member

Any excuse for a pic. 170/167mm F/R get ridden for everything as it’s my only bike. Climbs well and goes down very nicely.

transition1
    Free Member

now has a Vivid Air rear shock

Handles great 27.5 front 26 rear 160 all round

Rubber_Buccaneer

I recently bought a g150 which has ‘only’ 150mm travel. I’ve only ridden it a couple of times (one ride a skills course I should really start a thread about) and I’m loving it. Very different to my whippet. It feels like the front wheel is way in front of me and weighs nearly 32lb but I’m not finding it anything like as much work as I feared and the ride is like a magic carpet. I really need to get it out on a group ride to find out whether I will in fact be suffering at the back as soon as there is an uphill. I’m feeling pretty confident I will be fine. No pics yet, maybe once it sees some sun.

julians
    Free Member

orbea rallon, 160mm travel, great bike

maxtorque

160/160 – 27.5 lbs with skinny tyres (uk), pretty much 29 on the nose with SG sidewalled Dampfs

Goes up fine, goes along fine, goes down fine 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Hopefully going to build one of these soonish. I swore I wouldn’t touch another alu 170mm travel bike like my old 36lb SX Trail, but I figure I can build it down to below 30lb these days.

The thing putting me off is that it looks to much like my old SX Trail as well, so I’m half afraid it will ride like one.

northernatheart
    Free Member
    shredder
    Free Member

160 / 150 Nicolai Helius AC
    Ride is amazing 😀
    [/url]P1080865 by rlockwood64, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url]2014-09-06 14.43.51 by rlockwood64, on Flickr[/img]

kudos100
    Free Member

Only 150mm travel, so not super long travel. It does everything, best bike I have ever owned. Edit: The monarch plus shock I have now transformed it. I will never have a full susser that doesn’t have adjustable compression settings now. I ride it in climb mode for most of my local trails 🙂

Sadly I’ve come to realise it is too small for me, so it being replaced by something with fairly similar numbers, but a lot longer.

TheFlyingOx

Pronghorn PR6-LT. 160/150mm front/rear. You’ll thank me for not posting a pic.

It rides absolutely magical, and I’m dreading the day something terminal happens to the frame as I have no idea what I could replace it with that’s as good.

northernmatt

Pronghorn PR6-LT. You’ll thank me for not posting a pic.

Some things can’t be unseen!

I’ve got a Mondraker Dune. Goes uphill okay with only a wee bit of movement from the suspension then seemingly blats through anything i point it at on the way down. Bombers up front help with that. This is the only half decent photo I have of it.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Old bike 150 / 150 26″

New bike 160 / 140 27.5″

andylc
    Free Member

Norco Range Carbon. Best bike I’ve owned by far.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

NCB – is that the langstrath in your second shot?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Yes from the top of Stake pass, last weekend 😀

MartynS

Pivot Mach 5.7. Not got a convenient pic at the mo..
    Way better uphill than you’d think.. No, better than that.. It’s really good
    Downhill is just amazing to.
    Only downside for me is the BB is quite low so I can hit rocks with the crankarm if peddling up or down..

P20

160/140mm, but a set of linkage plates would take it to 160mm. Might need beefier wheels though…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/mCvjRX]Liteville 301[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

liamhutch89
    Free Member

180/180

colournoise

160mm both ends and the wrong size wheels.

Goes up way better than it has any right to, goes along just fine, goes downhill like excrement from a spade.

ton

some cracking looking bikes fella’s.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

This is my El-Guapo V3 I’ve had it just under 2 years and it has been hammered, if I ever try and sell this frame no one should buy it.

Should be 170mm front but I run a 160mm 650b fork to get the same geometry, rear travel is 150mm. For a 26 inch bike it is very stable and demolishes rocky descent. Though since I have got my very stiff Marzocchi 350CR forks I have noticed the rear flex more when smashing those fast rocky peak District descents.

Oh and I wish it had a bit more reach.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Is 160 really “long travel” now, given it’s becoming a very commonly used size? Almost everyone up here seems to have 160/170 bikes

stewartc
    Free Member

Soon to be fitted with some Carbon wheels when I get home…

The DBAirCS shock really does change the Pivot Mach6, best money I have ever spent on a bike.
    Did 90km on it this Saturday, so I’d say its an all day big travel bike!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

The more and more I see Alpine Fives the more I want to try one. No doubt it’s total overkill for 75% of the riding I do but it doesn’t stop me from wanting one 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

NorthCountryBoy – Member

Yes from the top of Stake pass, last weekend

Must have been your tyre tracks we spotted a few times last sunday then! 😀

rocketman
    Free Member

200 mm

No need to follow trails ride it through/over anything

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Mine. 165mm/180mm.

By far the ‘biggest’ bike I’ve owned and will ever need to own.

On the flat: awesome bike. Great fun and encourages you to loo for new lines.

Downhill: amazing. Bottomless suspension and a really confidence-inspiring ride. You get through / over something and wonder how you did.

Up hill: well, lets not talk about that. It gets there… eventually. Definitely a sit and spin bike though.

Excuse the dust, I’ve just got back off the mountain 🙂

northernatheart
    Free Member

^^ I love my alpine five (post sticker change five29). Gives so much confidence coming down.

Milkie
    Free Member

150mm is considered long travel 😯

Scott Genius LT
    180/185mm / 140/110mm

I came from a 100mm HT to this.

ton

shredder is winning so far. ace looking bike.

timmys

A few 160/140 from/back seem to be slipping in so here’s mine;

gonzy
    Free Member

this is mine…170mm front and rear with offset bushes to make it even more slacker
    its the only mtb i have at the moment so it has to do everything…climbs pretty well for its weight and descends like a true dh bike…i love it!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My old Pitch (with lyrics, shimano XT brakes, 1×10 XT, hope/mavic wheels, high rollers, reverb, etc).

Absolutely awesome as long as there was some gradient going down. An utter slog everywhere else, it climed OK it was just boring (and hard work). Eventualy decided I’d rather have a bike that made the other 90% that isn’t rocky decents enjoyable rather than tolerable.

Looking to scratch that itch again, but thinking either an Anthem SX or a Trance.

lardman
    Free Member

My main ride, other than a winter hardtail is the one below.
    Spesh Enduro EVO.

180mm rear through a CCDB coil.
    170mm front from the 55Rc3 Ti.

Only thing holding it back is ME.

oldejeans
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Long travel full sus riders…..?’ is closed to new replies.