Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Long sleeve base layers with particularly long sleeves
  • cp

Right, after last nights ride where my wrists froze as none of my base layers (HH Lifa, DHB, Kathmandu) have sleeves that are long enough to cover to my wrist, I’m on the lookout for a new LS base layer.

SOOo, can anyone recommend a base layer with particularly long sleeves? Possibly also with a thumb loop?

Cheers muchly.

alfabus
    Free Member

my icebreaker tops have quite long sleeves.

Dave

mustard
    Free Member

I was going to suggest Helly. The Lifa Warm base layer I have has good long sleeves and the merino layer makes it toasty. The standard lifa sleeves don’t seem as long as they used to but thats just ‘cos they’re a bit crap and lose they’re shape really quickly.

somouk
    Free Member

I have a cheap Merino one from Aldi and it has pretty long sleeves!

rocketman
    Free Member

I have arms like a gibbon and 661’s Subgear ls has the longest sleeves…ever!

cp

My Lifa is the best of the lot, but it’s years and years old, and could do with replacing really – it probably has lost it’s shape with all the use it’s had. I’ll see if I can try some on…

Keep the recomemnds coming – much appreciated.

BigJohn

I have to roll up the sleeves on all my Rapha tops.

alfabus
    Free Member

just had a quick look, and it seems that icebreaker do thumb holes on some of their base layers.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

You need to look for the ones with a thumb loop to hold the sleeve, I got a couple of Smartwool Merino ones from TKMax recently which are very good.

mustard
    Free Member

The guy in Tiso recomended Scandinavian brands in general if you need slim body and long sleeves.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Craft base layers tend to have long arms IME

hock

In my experience thumb holes can get in the way with handlebar grips.
    So what about arm warmers as an alternative?!

(I have a very good (warm, wicking, non-smelly, durable) icebreaker top with thumb holes. The arm sleeves are long enough for me and I have longish but not veeeeeeery looong arms. I never use the thumb holes while biking because they annoy me overlapping with the handlebar grips.)

TooTall
    Free Member

I probably have some of the longest arms on here and the HH tops (non-Lifa) have been the longest I’ve found. Get thee to one of their factory shops for a range of their base layers. Other than that, arm warmers as mentioned up there. My defauly option for warm arms / wrists.

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Canterbury are long and pretty toastie.

vorlich
    Free Member

Anything with thumbloops

banks
    Free Member

+1 for craft & Canterbury keep my ape man arms warm

SimonR

Rab Meco 120 …. all the benefits of Merino but dries and wicks much better. Sleeves are a good length too

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Craft base layers tend to have long arms IME

+1

Just bought one of their ‘warm’ bases (which is excellent, if pricey) and the sleeves are long.

IA

My howies merino tops are plenty long on my lankiness.

jimification
    Free Member

I’d second armwarmers, worn with a shortsleeve base layer. They just seem to work and stay in place much better than any long baselayer sleeves do.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

+1 for craft. got one from wiggle and the arms are super long. they snag on branches easily though, so watch out for that.

cp

cheers for all that. Wiggle have got the Craft Warm in my size in stock… and I’ve conveniently got xmas vouchers to use up 🙂

Might also get a HH warm 1/2 zip from sports direct nice and cheapish…

gdj001
    Free Member

Under Armour Cold Gear. The arms are really long on mine

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Long sleeve base layers with particularly long sleeves’ is closed to new replies.