Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long shot (Mech Warranty)
  • alpineharry
    Free Member

I was just riding off a kerb when… Have been told madison are very good with warranty and just replacing with not many questions asked, as well as suggestions of emailing CRC and seeing if they’ll do anything.

Thoughts?
    [/url]Untitled by bikerider27, on Flickr[/img]

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Just put it down to experience , buy another and move on .Madison are fairly good with warranties but they won’t warranty something that you have broken .

Northwind

To be fair it looks like it’s taken a few knocks? Though not, to be fair, as many as any of my working mechs

dirtyrider
    Free Member

off a kerb today yes, but what usage has it had prior?

teethgrinder

£3 posted for the jockey wheels and the cage?

rickon
    Free Member

Looks like chain too short, chain growth + being in big gear at back = destruction. Are you running an expander ring at the back?

That would void your warranty straight away.

alpineharry
    Free Member

It was more intended as a joke, it has had a fair bit of abuse to be fair, surprised it didn’t last longer though, had 105’s on a downhill bike last longer and that includes fort william.

alpineharry
    Free Member

Rickon, I am using a 42T ring on the rear but will have been in a small gear as was racing an ‘enduro’ on a downhill track. I did have a fairly big compression just a few moments to noticing a horrendous noise.

rickon
    Free Member

Yep, I’d just suck it up. I destroyed a Zee mech the same way recently, broke in three places. Just accepted it was my fault.

The clutch destroying itself on two XT mechs I refuse to accept, mind.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Give it a go with crc warranty process. Loads of clutch shimano mechs are being replaced because they have chosen to make them from edam cheese instead of a suitably strong metal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long shot (Mech Warranty)’ is closed to new replies.