Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Long shot – broken spring in Campagnolo Chorus 11s ergo lever
  • bob_summers

Anyone know how much/little of the assembly can be bought as spares? From what I can see on the Campag website, I have to buy almost everything except the hood and brake lever. For a piddly little spring (it’s the one that pushes the shift lever forwards, so I can still shift but the lever flops around).

wingnuts

Rubber band to top of lever? Mercian used to be(or still are) a repair centre as perhaps call them?

clubber
    Free Member

Contact Mercian Cycles – they sell or can get most spares.

bob_summers

I like that idea (rubber band)! Thing is, it’s my only bike and I’ve got races coming up from this weekend, so I can’t remove it and send it anywhere (it’s prob. under warrenty).

bob_summers

Just off to do the rounds of the LBSs when they open, if no luck (I’m in Spain) I’ll give Mercian a bell. Cheers.

BadlyWiredDog

I found that you can’t buy the spring separately, not officially anyway, you have to buy the complete innards of the lever which will cost you around 60 quid. The good side of this is that it’s easier to replace the whole mechanism rather than messing around with dismantling tiny components, the bad side is that it’s extortionately expensive to replace a tiny broken spring. It may be that a spring from an earlier Campag lever will fit though.

As a temporary fix, I looped one end of a loop of inner tube – or a rubber band – round the lever and the other over the top of the hood so it acted as a return spring and it worked fine for several hundred miles. Good luck, it’s annoying…

bob_summers

BWD, I’ve done just that, actually works OK although the odd time the thumbshifter locks until I wiggle the finger lever to release it. I can put up with it for training anyway.

After a bit of frantic calling round, an LBS told me they can get a Super Record shifter for tomorrow. Only difference between that and Chorus is the lever. The price quoted was 90€… now unless I’ve misunderstood (easy to do with my Spanish), that seems cheap for an SR shifter ❓
    Chorus was 85€, but then I’d have had to wait a week.

So, not sure what’s actually going to turn up. Just the finger shifter assembly, or the body minus hood and brake lever, or the whole thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – broken spring in Campagnolo Chorus 11s ergo lever’ is closed to new replies.