Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Long Shot – Anyone know Grenoble?
  • lunge

I’m arriving in Grenoble tomorrow afternoon and need to get from the train station to the University. Anyone know if it is walkable? Or if not, if there are buses available? I would prefer not to use a taxi if at all possible.

mugsys_m8

Not walkabke I think. There are good trams in Grenoble. Live about 1he away towards Lyon

kimbers

bus station is to the left as you walk out the train station,(i should know had to sleep there when i got my connections a bit wrong before the mega!) im sure youll be able to get a bus there easily

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TroutWrestler
    Free Member

There is a tram.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

There is a tram.

aP
    Free Member

and its only 4.5km

roddi18
    Free Member

Great hospital with some cracking nurses!

rnagain
    Free Member

Agree the trams are great and go right to the Uni. It’s a fair way but certainly walkable too if not carrying much and not in a hurry… about 40 mins if memory serves. I used to walk it regularly to get home from town after the last tram had gone (though it may have taken rather longer after several beers and a Chartreuse nightcap).

lunge

An update for those interested, there are indeed trams in Grenoble and bloody good they are too. Easy journey to and from the hotel an also very easy to get into the town for a beer or 2. The town was really nice as well, I liked it a lot.

oddjob
    Free Member

there are also several universities so make sure you know where you’re going.

Lovely place, those were the days…. sigh

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Long Shot – Anyone know Grenoble?’ is closed to new replies.