Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Long Short N/East Self catering
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Looking for a cottage for 5 people and 1 dog over a 3 day weekend South West of Newcastle near the the Beamish Museum.

Anyone got any local knowledge and places to stop?

Ta

butcher

Not many ‘cottages’ around there. Obviously you’re going to the museum. Anything else you want to be near?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Dog friendly walks and great views

user-removed
    Free Member

Bit further out but you’re far more likely to find a self catering cottage with views and dog walks out toward Haltwhistle / Hexham – the towns round Beamish are a long way from being tourist traps. And that really is putting it mildly… Not far West out along Hadrian’s Wall is very picturesque with dog walks galore.

Swelper
    Free Member

Barnard Castle

white101

[/url]

bring your bike, thats my local patch and lots of pedalling to be had, also I walk the dog round that way and you will find plenty of routes around the museum.

Try this place about 10 mins drive (or 35 cycle) sorry got linky thing the wrong way round. Its about 1/2 mile from A1.

butcher

There’s loads of dog walking to be had. Beamish woods that surround the museum for a start. And the general area is quite pretty, but in a very gritty northern kinda way with shot cans of super strength lager.

I’d agree with going towards Hexham. Edmundbyers, Blanchland, Slaley it starts to get quite nice (Blanchland Village is lovely, as are the surrounding walks). But anything past there is quite nice as you begin to move into Northumberland. Although you might want to stay away from the moorland with the dog. About 45 mins, or an hours drive depending how far up. Bit longer maybe if you wanted to head up towards Hadrian’s Wall around Haltwhistle area.

Tonylem
    Free Member

You could try here,

http://www.ridingfarmcottages.co.uk/

About 5-10 mins from beamish

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Long Short N/East Self catering’ is closed to new replies.