Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Long Mynd – route ideas please (or even a guide?)
  • IHN

Right, it’s time for the annual-ish Big Boys Biking Weekend on the 7/8th July and this year’s venue is the Long Mynd.

Any route ideas/pointers would be appreciated. Looking for your classic ‘fun day out riding bikes around’ kinda thing.

Of course, if anyone fancies acting as a guide, you’ll be guaranteed beer/ice-cream/cake, hilarious repartee and as much flapjack as you can shake a stick at.

Speshpaul

Drop me an email at paul DOT sal @ btinternet.com with some idea of ride time, ability, distance etc and i can probably sort you out with something fun.
    Cheers
    Paul

nbt

Last time I was in Church Stretton I popped into the very nice Plush Hill Cycles shops and the nice people in there kindly marked up my OS map to show some nice trails, as they hadn’t (at that point) got in the printed maps showing the local trails. That printed map is now available, so I suggest calling in to see them, and I’ll try to remember to loan MartynS my map that they marked up

I assume he’s invited, he is a portly fella and all 😉

IHN

Cheers chaps.

Paul – YGM

NBT – Yep, he’s invited, bless him; the rest of is think of it as our bit towards care in the community. If you could give him the map, that’d be cool. He’ll have no idea what it is though, being the navigationally challenged chap that he is. Of course, you and ‘er indoors are welcome along too, more the merrier.

Bunnyhop

Of course, you and ‘er indoors are welcome along too, more the merrier.

Oooh oooh, so not just big boys then.

I shall think about making flapjack in large quantities.

IHN

so not just big boys then

Nope, big wimmin too 😉

hugor
    Free Member

There are some good routes on the Edge Cycleworks website for this ride. Worth a look.

Bunnyhop

nettles – if I was a big woman, I’d give you a punch in the g8*l&s 😉

IHN

If you were a big woman, I’d let you 🙂

nbt

Steady now, let’s all calm down

there’s a queue to punch nettles, y’know, you can’t just barge in

IHN

Yeah, exactly.

Sorry, what? 😯

lowey

Long Mynd by lowey.com, on Flickr

IHN

Cheers Lowey. Do you have a GPX of that?

nbt

that looks vaguely similar to the route that we had marked out 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd – route ideas please (or even a guide?)’ is closed to new replies.