• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Long Mynd – best cheeky downhills?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Rode all the bridleways on a weekend and bar Minton Batch which is ace the downhills were a bit lacking for the amount of climbing. I will find myself in the area on an evening this week so I’d like try some of the footpath descents of the Mynd but which are the best?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Townbrook is the best footpath. It starts near where Ashes Hollow starts, just north of Pole Bank on the road. You’ll see both sign posted. There’s a fair bit right at the north end too.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

There isn’t that much that’s ‘cheeky’ tbh.
    There were a few bits in the forest at the glider club end, but most of that’s now been ruined by motorbikes
    🙁
    It’s not the best place in the world for ‘gnar to the power of max styleee’ riding, just proper xc with stunning views IMO.

mtbguiding
    Free Member

There’s a fair bit of permissive bridleway there – some isn’t marked on the map at all. Go and have a chat in the local shop – better still buy something – and I’m sure they’ll advise you.

jekkyl

go and explore all the little cuts through the undergrowth and report back. 🙂

jamj1974

*Whispers* I like Ashes Hollow myself…

Rik
    Free Member

Cheers guys. There’s about 6 footpaths dropping of the Mynd into the Stretton’s. So there’s def. scope

mrhoppy

Townbrook is good, not that I’ve ridden it, oh no sirree. But if you’re after gnar then eastridge is a better bet.

Rik
    Free Member

Not after gnar just flowing singletrack rather than wide open field descending

Rik
    Free Member

Educated guess the ‘townbrook’ path is this one:
    Dropped pin
    near Church Stretton, Shropshire
    https://goo.gl/maps/HjP8ioKNTE12

mrhoppy

Yep. Normal cheeky trail rules apply and it’s fairly popular with walkers/runners.

mrhoppy

Rik – Member
    Not after gnar just flowing singletrack rather than wide open field descending.

Its not really the long mynds thing that though.

You can, if you ride along the ridge to the north of Minton batch, come back on the bridleway that joins the MB descent. You get some pleasant sheep track singletrack to add on to it.

Rik
    Free Member

What’s the one next to it like?

Yep, standard rules for cheeky riding

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd – best cheeky downhills?’ is closed to new replies.