Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Long effective top tube/front centre enduro racing machines?
  • alansicmoto
    Free Member

Recently decided to change my 2013 Mondraker Foxy XR and am struggling to find anything that matches up to it in terms of length, without having a rather enormous seat tube. I would buy another Foxy or Dune, but only full builds are available at the minute. Any suggestions? Want something long between 140 and 160mm 650b

bigjim

transition patrol?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

You’ll struggle for anything quite as long as a Mondraker. From memory the 2015 giant reigns are pretty long. Transition (as above) too

Rickos
    Free Member

Canyon Strive in the race version?

julians
    Free Member

Gt sanction or orbea rallon

STATO
    Free Member

Closest I found on making my own little chart to compare reach, stack and seat tube was the BIRD Aeris and the new orange Alpine. Still a fair bit shorter, but not by much compared to how much longer they are than everything else.

STATO
    Free Member

Can’t say I looked at the other 3 mentioned tho so check the reach on those too.

Trekster

Might not be as long but local racer prefers his Rocky Mountain to his old Mondraker. Won his first SES race and racing his own local round this weekend.
    The new stealth black carbon Mondy does look very nice however, if only I hadn’t recently bought a new RM!! 🙄

kimbers

Kona process 153, I’ve got one, love it

You’ll have to size up to get yje same ett, though the konas built around a 40mm stem not a 10mm one but the seat tubes stayn short

Its also very solid and won’t rattle to bits, like a mondraker

chestrockwell

They’ve lengthened the top tube on the mk2 2015 Orange 5 so that might fit the bill?

chiefgrooveguru

Orange Alpine, Banshee Spitfire or Bird Aeris?

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Bird Aeris

maxtorque

Custom?

GeoMetron

(you may have to sell one of your children to afford it of course) 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

(you may have to sell one of your children to afford it of course)

Well it was nice knowing the little fella 😀

br
    Free Member

Recently decided to change my 2013 Mondraker Foxy XR

Why if it’s so ‘right’ for you?

alansicmoto
    Free Member

Thanks for the help. After much Googling I think I’ll wait out for a 2015 Foxy. B R hit the nail on the head I suppose.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Leftfield choice http://www.pole.fi/

br
    Free Member

Thanks for the help. After much Googling I think I’ll wait out for a 2015 Foxy. B R hit the nail on the head I suppose.

I was a serial bike changer and then took a year out after redundancy and just rode my bike. After a year I bought the Ti version and kept it for 7 years with only this year adding another bike (a FS). Still ride the Ti on night rides though.

chestrockwell

Why if it’s so ‘right’ for you?

Because he wants to?

alansicmoto
    Free Member

Decision changed over the weekend after discussion with the guys at Bird Cycleworks. Bird Aeris frame on the way, to much excitement. Rang Silverfish and they pretty much advised that they didn’t know when the Foxy would come into stock. Happy with the decision though, can’t wait to get out on it. I know where you are coming from B R, but I’d had the 2013 Foxy two and a bit years and just fancied a change, especially before the resale price plummeted further with the demise of the 26.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Long effective top tube/front centre enduro racing machines?’ is closed to new replies.