Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • long and low or tallish and shortish??
  • bigwill
    Free Member

looking at building up a trail hardtail, to run a 140mm set of forks on. need an xl sized frame and have whittled it down to a orange crush frame or a nukeproof scout frame. now heres the question,for best fit, at 6ft 4. am I better to go for the bike with the longest reach and TTe (the scout) but the shortest seat tube 19inch and just put the seat post higher to get the leg length. or do I choice the longest seat tube (crush) with 21 inch, but the shortest reach and top tube. both frames are similar prices, and only 1 degree difference in head angle.

soobalias
    Free Member

go with reach.

fixing an issue there involves lay back posts and long stems, which i would avoid if possible.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’m short, but I’d go for the roomier option. It’s not nice when your knee makes friends with the bars when you corner!

ahwiles
    Free Member

6’4″ with a 19″ frame?

i’m often wrong, but that sounds ambitious – i’m only 6’1″ish, and couldn’t find a seatpost long enough and strong enough to support my massive 13stone bulk on a 19″.

i’m an idiot, you’ll probably be fine.

batman11
    Free Member

Privee shan rider here long and low frame.
    19inch seat tube wth a 25.4 inch tt.
    I’d go for the long low set up run a shorter stem.
    I’m 6.3 and am liking longer tt set ups these days makes it sable and quick reacting on the cornering
    Also if your not going to run a dropper post to start with wiggle do a good post that comes in at 450mm in length and is cheep enough to start with.

bigwill
    Free Member

many thanks for the advice, long and low seems to be the one. the xl nukeproof also is the slackest of the two bikes. cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘long and low or tallish and shortish??’ is closed to new replies.