Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lone Survivor (the filum)
  • bearnecessities

It’s not the kind of film I’d normally watch but I actually really enjoyed it. Well not ‘enjoyed’ as such, but hooked for the 2 hours.

Just in case you see it and flick past, it’s worth giving a try in my humble opinion.

..and if the end credits don’t send a slight shiver down your spine, you’re inhuman 😀

lazybike
    Free Member

+1

AlasdairMc

+1. I quite liked it – the best film about Navy SEALs since the genre-defining masterpiece with Charlie Sheen and Michael Biehn

epicsteve
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty decent.

mattbee

Yep, despite the debate over Lutterell’s account of the action, the film itself is a pretty good modern action affair.
    My fave modern military action is the end sequence for Zero Dark Thirty, which was filmed using members of the NZ SF in all but the close up shots. The way they move is just something that an actor seems to struggle to replicate.

scuttler

Too much falling over cliffs and onto rocks – an event that would have some credibility if it happened just once. Otherwise enjoyable and worth a watch.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Practice…. practice… practice….
    They, ours and others simply do it until it becomes muscle memory.
    An actor is never going to attain that level of skill no matter how good the armourer, consultant, trainer and others are……

jimjam
    Free Member

I like action movies. I like military action movies. I can even tolerate Mark Walberg. I found it boring, predictable (yes I now, real events) and even when it purported not be, it still worshiped and fetishised the American military.

atlaz
    Free Member

It was fine until the whole scene in the village. None of it was realistic, even the much debated book wasn’t that fantastical. The true story is hardcore enough, it doesn’t need that sort of rubbish added.

wrecker
    Free Member

members of the NZ SF in all but the close up shots. The way they move is just something that an actor seems to struggle to replicate.

Ever watch act of valour? Shit film but the action is pretty tasty and carried out by serving US SF.

somouk
    Free Member

I like Lone Survivor, not a bad film. Might be worth keeping an eye on this one too http://www.kajakimovie.com/.

mattbee

The ‘extraction’ scene with the SWCCs live firing in Act of Valour is epic, especially with the sound turned up way loud! I loved the way that in the cinema they had a little but at the beginning where the director explained they were SEALS, not actors…
    Mind you, the acting was not much worse than some ‘straight to cable’ stuff.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lone Survivor (the filum)’ is closed to new replies.