Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Londonists – Early morning tube times??
  • seadog101

What time does the tube start running in the morning from the Heathrow stations? Need to get to Kings Cross.

Next week I’m heading home, from parts foreign, and arrive into LHR too late to get any further (22:30). So it’s overnight in a hotel (company paying!), and an early as possible start in the morning. Getting up at the crack of dawn won’t a problem. I hope to get to KGX for the 7:00 train to the Frozen North.

I know that the TFL website could possibly tell me this, but I’d rather ask a real human (as far as that categorisation can be extended to the STW hive mind).

hilldodger
    Free Member

Heathrow express to Paddington, then circle line to King’s Cross
    Think that runs from about 5:30 and is about 45mins

mefty
    Free Member

5.10 from Term 1,2 and 3 – take the tube, no changes and it is a lot cheaper.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yes, at that time of the morning the heathrow express is very much your friend. Trains start at around 5.30, the rest of the network usually starts at around 5.30-6.00 (but worth checking!)

Andy_B

Stay at Kings Cross. If you stay in a hotel at Heathrow you’ll have to get a bus back to the tube station. I doubt the hotels are much cheaper.

If you go by tube you’d need to allow about 1H10 just for the tube part of it

allthepies
    Free Member

and arrive into LHR too late to get any further (22:30).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, I’d go for the hotel in town option as well.

Andy_B

The tube runs to around midnight

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

first Heathrow Express to Paddington is 05:12, then tube from there, but as others have said, better off heading into town anyway that evening. The hotels at Heathrow aren’t exactly near the trains

seadog101

I tried to get put up near Kings Cross, but the company are fixated with using the same hotel at LHR whenever they can.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Londonists – Early morning tube times??’ is closed to new replies.