Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • London Velodrome
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Is apparently now open – but I can’t find any kind of website beyond a tourist brochure. I want to know what’s on and how I can get to ride there.

Is everything done through clubs or something?

pondo

It’s all a bit controversial, I think – the promise was that it would be for everyone, but Corporate sessions are apparently hogging track time.

mrmo
    Free Member

start here

Just be aware that any accreditation you may have for Newport or Manchester is probably not going to be worth anything.

molgrips
    Free Member

One would assume that having trained for accreditation, you would be able to re-test at a different track with minimal tuition..?

mrmo
    Free Member

having actually bothered reading the link, it seems that if you have written proof you are accreditated at one of the 250metre tracks, ie Newport, Derby, Glasgow, Manchester, you don’t have to do the full 4 stage process!

Progress…

crazy-legs

Just be aware that any accreditation you may have for Newport or Manchester is probably not going to be worth anything.

One would assume that having trained for accreditation, you would be able to re-test at a different track with minimal tuition..?

The theory is that your current Manchester/Glasgow/Newport accreditation should be valid – there was a recent agreement that all indoor velodromes should recognise each others accreditation.

However their website appears to contradict that in places. Probably worth a call to them to clarify but be aware that, like Glasgow, the first few months of public sessions are likely to be accreditation rides simply to build a pool of riders to start running training sessions, races etc.

In fact, see here:
    http://www.visitleevalley.org.uk/en/content/cms/london2012/velo-park/track/track-accreditation/

where it says that if you book onto an SQT you have to turn up with written proof of accreditation from one of the indoor UK velodromes.

robbo
    Free Member

I just got back from my Taster session today. Good fun. Bikes are nice and fresh. Don’t bother taking spd shoes – only Look clips but you can hire shoes – it was actually fine with just trainers. The rush coming down the banking into the back of someone was great!

Website says use public transport but there is actually a free car park there for visitors. I parked in Westfield Mall parking 5 minutes walk away.

Definitely going back for an Improvers session when the mountain bike trails are open (and the girls can shop while I’m having fun)

flannol
    Free Member

My (road) club have a session there, sometime in may

There are about 30 of us booked in

Something like a 4 hour slot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘London Velodrome’ is closed to new replies.